Wireless EP Trans/rec for ANY EP plug in
Sep 18, 2003 at 5:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Daniel Bull

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm new to this Forum. . .but I love it. Someone in one of the other Forums suggested that my answer could probably be found in this forum.

Here's what I'd like to buy/build/have built for me.

Some kind of contraption that would allow me to use Etymotic inner Earphones in a wireless set up from my Vid/stereo. I use the Etymotic's for listening to my portable CD/Radio Player on my motorcycle.

In my home, my girlfriend and I have completely different listening habits. I like to listen to music, tv, etc. . ALL the time. She, however likes no noise. AND when she does listen to anything. . she NEVER likes it as loud as I do. She bought me a set of Sony wireless Headphones. But. . they are so big and bulky I can't wear them as often as I'd like. They always fall off of my head if I look down.

So. . I'd like to be able to hook some kind of wireless reciever up to my belt that would accept my Etymotic headphones and allow me to roam around our house without disturbing her with my NOISE. While I don't expect the wireless sound to be as good as direct. . .I'd mainly like the comfort of in ear plugs and not have to use 2 different sets of phones.

I don't know how different this is to the type of wireless technology used for guitars (other than the need for stereo). The transmitter plugs into the amp and the reciever is hooked to my belt or guitar strap with an antenna to catch the signal. The guitar just plugs in and GO (I may have the trans/reciever reversed in my description. . but I think you know what I mean.)

Any ideas? This seems like a piece of equipment that would be very popular if available.

Thank you,
Daniel Bull
dbull@austin.rr.com

Sep 19, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 2
pretty much any wireless headphone system that has an independant receiver (not built into the headphones,headphones plug in to the receiver ) could be used though signal quality may not be the best.

home theater use ?

good enough

critical listening

hardwire baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back