Wireless earbuds for mowing and exercising
Oct 15, 2018 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bose301s

100+ Head-Fier
A friend is looking for a decent set of wireless earbuds for mowing and exercising. I was looking at the Fender PureSonic Wireless Earbuds, https://shop.fender.com/en-US/headp...ss/puresonic-wireless-earbuds/6889000000.html because they look like the Aurisonics Rockets which sound good and are quite durable. He is looking to spend no more than this and wants something durable that will stay in his ear. I don't know this space at all so I hope some people here have some good suggestions.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 12
Budget would be a good place to start.

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 12
Don’t know the Fenders. The KZ ZS10’s are a bit on the bright side but do have decent bass and with the KZ Bluetooth adapter would come in under budget.

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 12
For mowing, I would recommend something by Etymōtic, for the isolation. It's much better for ear health to block the noise than to drown out the noise.

Etymōtics aren't earbuds; they're in ear monitors, but I would strongly advise against earbuds (or open back cans) for mowing.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #8 of 12
For mowing, I would recommend something by Etymōtic, for the isolation. It's much better for ear health to block the noise than to drown out the noise.

Etymōtics aren't earbuds; they're in ear monitors, but I would strongly advise against earbuds (or open back cans) for mowing.

Do you get a loud thump when walking with etymotics?

A friend is looking for a decent set of wireless earbuds for mowing and exercising. I was looking at the Fender PureSonic Wireless Earbuds, https://shop.fender.com/en-US/headp...ss/puresonic-wireless-earbuds/6889000000.html because they look like the Aurisonics Rockets which sound good and are quite durable. He is looking to spend no more than this and wants something durable that will stay in his ear. I don't know this space at all so I hope some people here have some good suggestions.

Something like the jaybird or bose wireless that have wing tips to help stay put., i used wired bose soundtrue ultras for mowin and run the wire down my shirt =p perfect fit and very comfortable though, in ears always slide out for me

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 12
Do you get a loud thump when walking with etymotics?
Good question. My round-trip commute, plus lunch, involves about two miles of walking. I used to hear my footsteps, but not since I got the Ety-insertion dialed in. The deep insertion is trickier to figure out compared to most IEMs, but proper insertion substantially reduces bone conduction. The city is much quieter with my Etys than with my Bose QC35.

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #10 of 12
Good question. My round-trip commute, plus lunch, involves about two miles of walking. I used to hear my footsteps, but not since I got the Ety-insertion dialed in. The deep insertion is trickier to figure out compared to most IEMs, but proper insertion substantially reduces bone conduction. The city is much quieter with my Etys than with my Bose QC35.

Thanks, I still want to try a pair of those, but dont like in ears so have been hesistant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back