Wireless (BT or Wifi) Mic?
Oct 11, 2009 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jalyst

500+ Head-Fier
Does such a beats exist?
I've been looking everywhere but Google is (as per usual) filled with crap/noise..

Only thing I've found is this!
Amazon.com: Sony ECMHW1 Bluetooth Wireless Microphone for DVR-DVD405, 505, HDR-SR1, UX1 & DCR-SR60, SR80, SR100 Camcorders: Camera & Photo

I want it for the quality pair of wireless headphones (oxymoron) I'm still researching.
So that I can essentially have a wireless headset when the need arises, instead of the dinky little BT headsets usually available for phones.

I'll also be getting a top-notch corded pair of cans later so no need to comment on the deficiencies of wireless headphones.

-jed.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 7
Please can I get some thoughts on this, it would be greatly appreciated!
If there's any questions, or if it's not clear to you what I'm discussing, feel free to ask!

Cheers

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for your thoughtful feedback on your experiences!

So it looks like the only option really is BT? I thought there'd be some better RF solutions, shame.
And why the heck is one practically forced to buy a headset when all they want is a decent/portable mic!

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Assuming I've no choice but to go with BT headsets (I'd rather not give up on my original question yet)....

Have you had much experience with Plantronics?
They seem to have a good name and be well made by all accounts.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #7 of 7
The headphones I'm looking for would not use BT....
The only decent wireless ones do not use it, so the Mic being BT would not clash.

One thing I'd not considered is how well some of the quality wireless headphone systems interface with a PC, hand-held, or smart-phone.
I assume there'd not be any issue but it does warrant checking.

I've decided that a BT headset (which I'll need for my new smartphone) + the field array mic in my top-end webcam will suffice for now.

I'll be getting some quality corded cans also soon, so they'll be used for music.
And I suspect I'll end-up using my phone/headset mostly for skype/mobile calls.

I still haven't decided on what wireless headphones to get...
They'd be used primarily for TV/Movies, occasional games/music, & maybe mobile/skype calls.

But I've got a separate thread for that! :wink:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/no-...3/#post6076544
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bes...2/#post6076540
Wasn't sure where the best spot to put it was!

Thank for your thoughts,
Jed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back