Wireless (Bluetooth) headphones for senior with dementia?
Mar 14, 2023 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ultrarunner2018

100+ Head-Fier
Hello;
I am living with my elderly mom, who has dementia. She can still handle the essentials of living, but spends most of her time just sitting around.
I had her set up for listening to Classical music on CD's with a pair of wired headphones, but eventually, the CD player stopped working.
I would really like to give her a pair of wireless headphones she can wear anywhere, which would receive streaming music from a dedicated PC I would set up.

Any pair of Bluetooth headphones would suffice - no need to spend a lot of $$ on hi-fi, as my mom's hearing is not good at all.
I want the headphones to be extremely easy to use, as my mom is easily frustrated with technology that doesn't work.

I would also need a Bluetooth dongle for the PC (Windows 10) I would be using, as it doesn't have built-in Bluetooth.

For now, I'm figuring I would rip all of the CD's we have, and play through MusicBee or a similar player running on the PC.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ultrarunner

Mar 14, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Soundcore Q20, Edifier W820 or any Sony, Philips or JBL set of cans should do. You may want to check if any of the cheaper sets turn off automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back