Wireless audio to multiple listeners
Mar 10, 2018 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rossord

New Head-Fier
My local Computer Club runs a video editing group which has to share the clubhouse with other members who generally require silence. We, on the other hand, need audio as commentary, voice-over or music. Is there a way to transmit audio wirelessly from PC or TV to upto 10 listeners using earphones? Hifi is not a priority, but cost is. If not wirelessly, might an audio hub be possible? Any advice gratefully received. Ross.

Mar 10, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 5
Wireless headphones are BT and the problem there is that, barring specific apps like the UE app that allows one mobile phone to send the same signal to several UE Booms or L and R signals to one each UE Boom, as well as some wireless earphones that are a self contained unit each apart from needing each other to work in stereo (which again needs a specific app), BT by default only pairs two devices to each other.

You'll have to use the Sennheiser RS120II that broadcasts via RF from its hub. Connect that to the PC soundcard/motherboard, then you stream to the RS120II headphones. Problem is, you need to buy several RS120II headphones to work off of one hub.

Mar 10, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 5
A wired hub/splitter is probably the cheapest option... everyone can use their own head/earphones and not require communal ones (which I can imagine getting very disgusting after a year or 2). You probably should get one that has individual volume controls (and possibly an amp)... different phones will have different impedances and sensitivities so a central volume control will likely mean some people will be too loud and some too soft.

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-HA...&sr=8-3&keywords=behringer+headphone+splitter

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #4 of 5
A wired hub/splitter is probably the cheapest option... everyone can use their own head/earphones and not require communal ones (which I can imagine getting very disgusting after a year or 2). You probably should get one that has individual volume controls (and possibly an amp)... different phones will have different impedances and sensitivities so a central volume control will likely mean some people will be too loud and some too soft.

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-HA...&sr=8-3&keywords=behringer+headphone+splitter
Thank you for this swift response. Just what I was looking for!

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #5 of 5
Wireless headphones are BT and the problem there is that, barring specific apps like the UE app that allows one mobile phone to send the same signal to several UE Booms or L and R signals to one each UE Boom, as well as some wireless earphones that are a self contained unit each apart from needing each other to work in stereo (which again needs a specific app), BT by default only pairs two devices to each other.

You'll have to use the Sennheiser RS120II that broadcasts via RF from its hub. Connect that to the PC soundcard/motherboard, then you stream to the RS120II headphones. Problem is, you need to buy several RS120II headphones to work off of one hub.
Thank you very much for this response. I will sound out (no pun intended) the club. Cost may be a problem, but onevstheworld has kindly given me a wired solution. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back