Wireless Adapter for SA6
Oct 17, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #166 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received the wireless today. Yes, there is a small amount of white noise in silent passages.

How small is the amount of white noise? Barely-noticeable small?

Oct 17, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #167 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How small is the amount of white noise? Barely-noticeable small?

You'll hear it in very quiet/silent passages. Not really noticeable any other times.

I should also note two things listening a bit more. It adds some bass, so for those who thought the Sleeks needed a bass++ port, you got it. Secondly, I had to move the volume on the Zune up a notch to achieve the same volume as the wired Sleeks.

Oct 17, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #168 of 254
Quote:

You'll hear it in very quiet/silent passages. Not really noticeable any other times.

I should also note two things listening a bit more. It adds some bass, so for those who thought the Sleeks needed a bass++ port, you got it. Secondly, I had to move the volume on the Zune up a notch to achieve the same volume as the wired Sleeks.

Cool. Glad to hear you're not having the same problem as Edwood.

Oct 17, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #169 of 254
if you were to use the wireless with a digital piano, would you think that the noise would be an issue?

can you give exemple of tracks and times where you heard the noise.
can you try on:
Gary Jules Mad world
Archie Shepp's Deep River (Goin' Home) or How Long Blues 5 Trouble in Mind)
Star Wars Phantom Menace tack 7 (The Arrival At Tatooine )
is Arnold McCuller 's Free Bird still enjoyable ?

Oct 17, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #170 of 254
Quote:

Received the wireless today. Yes, there is a small amount of white noise in silent passages. That issue aside, Zune + Sleek wireless + Sleek custom is an absolute winner. This combo kills!

Kudos to the Sleek team once again.

Quote:

Both very encouraging reports! Heres hoping Edwood was unforntunate enough to recieve a faulty unit
smile_phones.gif
. Look forward to more impressions on the W1

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #171 of 254
humm i must have misread his post, anyways its not noticeable once you turn it up a bit more.

when i had the chance to take a listen i was at work and wanted to listen at low levels just in case if my boss needed me i can hear him...I dont think its that much of a problem now.

I wore it on the bus today and while i was walking to work, some times the track would skip like it was losing signal but it came back after i held my zune up for a little .I thought it was the battery but it only happened when it was in my pocket and walking.

I cant really say about the sound quality because i find it difficult to find the correct fit in my ear.I find it hard to enjoy music when i put these on.i'm gonna get those comply foams which i hope helps.

Overall not the experience i expected.Hopefully it will get better once i get my foamys

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #172 of 254
No offence to the engineers at Sleeks, but did you guys have to make the on/off switch so inaccessible? It's really hard to switch it on/off everytime I want to use it because I don't have long nails, and I have to use my PDA stylus to switch it on/off.

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #174 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offence to the engineers at Sleeks, but did you guys have to make the on/off switch so inaccessible? It's really hard to switch it on/off everytime I want to use it because I don't have long nails, and I have to use my PDA stylus to switch it on/off.

I would describe using that switch as a "hard" shut down. But you really don't need to use that switch unless you think the wireless is going to be shut down a long time (several days or so). A "soft" shut down, with the easy-to-use button on the surface of the accessory, provides weeks of battery life.

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #175 of 254
Well I have mine, I do agree with the onn/off switch, had to use a nail file to get it switched.

As for the white noise, yes when the iPod is paused or between songs, otherwise cant really notice it

Sounds aweeeeesome!

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #176 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both very encouraging reports! Heres hoping Edwood was unforntunate enough to recieve a faulty unit
smile_phones.gif
. Look forward to more impressions on the W1

LOL, yeah. Thanks.

I'm still waiting for the replacement W-1 Transmitter from Sleek.

-Ed

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #178 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, yeah. Thanks.

I'm still waiting for the replacement W-1 Transmitter from Sleek.

-Ed

..collateral damage
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #179 of 254
Currently, I'm not very happy with the lack of response from Sleek. I emailed them a question regarding shipping a few days ago, and have not received a response yet. This, and along with all the sound quality issues (skipping, white noise, etc.), is making me consider delaying my order of the Wireless transmitter.

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #180 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently, I'm not very happy with the lack of response from Sleek. I emailed them a question regarding shipping a few days ago, and have not received a response yet. This, and along with all the sound quality issues (skipping, white noise, etc.), is making me consider delaying my order of the Wireless transmitter.

Based on my experience, it's better to give them a telephone call. My guess is that they are flooded with email owing to introduction of the new wireless device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back