Wireless Adapter for SA6
Aug 6, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #61 of 254
I wonder when is Sleek going to be releasing this?

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #62 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder when is Sleek going to be releasing this?

According to Jason, the goal is to release it at the end of September, with demo units going out after August 11.

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #64 of 254
Nope, you might want to ask Samsung if they're developing a KLEER solution
biggrin.gif

The general market seems pretty happy with the way Bluetooth audio sounds, so it would seem unlikely.

Aug 11, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #65 of 254
What products will this wireless adaptor using Kleer technology be compatible with then? For example, give me a DAP?

Aug 11, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #66 of 254
At this point, I believe only RCA's less-than-inspiring Jet Stream player supports Kleer technology innately...but I should think any DAP can be used with Sleek Audio's adapter module (i.e. transmitter) to work with the SA6. The transmitter should just plug into the given player's headphone jack, like so:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelle Schrijver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here is a picture of it:
head-fi-headphone-canjam-2008-005.jpg

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #67 of 254
We are moving quickly and are very close to finishing and allowing manufacturing to move along. We adjust the amp inside the unit to give the response of a cabled system or better
smily_headphones1.gif

To answer some of the other questions. Yes, the chip is relatively small but you have to have an amp that can drive our armature driver and still give the gain that everyone is looking for. If we "start" with a tethered system it allows us to let 4 users share one transmitter and use less battery power. Great for sharing. You will get about 9-10 hours per charge. This also gives time to allow smaller chips and amps that are around the corner to come out and work with smaller independent systems.

Maybe if some of you are in NYC September 23-25 you can stop by the Digital Life show at the Javitz Convention Center. Mark and I along with a few others of the sleek crew will be there with the new wireless to demo in a large environment with tremendous interference.

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #68 of 254
Jason, dont forget to watch out for the tampa meet coming up soon...i think Matt said November.

Good to see you back btw..hope everything with your surgery went smoothly.

Aug 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #69 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point, I believe only RCA's less-than-inspiring Jet Stream player supports Kleer technology innately...but I should think any DAP can be used with Sleek Audio's adapter module (i.e. transmitter) to work with the SA6. The transmitter should just plug into the given player's headphone jack, like so:

My ignorance is exposed
redface.gif

Having now digested this thread the device is looking very promising!

Aug 11, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #70 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My ignorance is exposed
redface.gif

Having now digested this thread the device looks very promising!

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #72 of 254
Quote:

Originally Posted by tensaichen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea what's the estimated ballpark price for the adaptor only (without SA6)?

Your best bet is to PM JasonK of sleek. I remember being given a very loose figure of $100 by another member of sleek a month or so back but he was not in the know enough or of high enough responsibility to give more than that, obviously the call on price of the item not being down to him.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #73 of 254
Oh man, I can't wait. Believe it or not, I actually didn't Sleek was going wireless when I bought my SA6's I found out in the little book that came with them lol. But I really want wireless, I listen to music all the time and the cord just gets in the way sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back