Wired and True Wireless for Running
Nov 21, 2020 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

altsouza

New Head-Fier
Hello people,

In the last few months I was putting together some player / earphones combos to listen to music while jogging. The sets should be affordable and have excellent sound quality. Below is my journey to obtain these sets:

1) Enter Galaxie Active 2 watch: My first option has always been a smartwatch as a source. I chose the Galaxie Active 2 watch as my ecosystem is Android (No Apple watch here). I already had a Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones, but this Sony is a little big for Joging and I had problems with wind noise, so I would not like to use it in Jogings, despite having good connectivity and the sound is great.
So I tested two cheap earphoes, the Edifier tws1 and the Kz S2, I had a problem with Both regarding Bluetooth Connectivity in open places, Fields and Parks (although they work well with my S10 phone). It seems to me that Galaxie Active 2 does not have a good Bluetooth transmission power in open places, and really with these earphoes I had Audio Dropouts every 2 seconds, literally (impractical to use).
I agree that these two earphones are not the best for the service, but I expected better connectivity. So I'm currently using the Sony xm3, but I've already ordered a Jabra Elite 75t and an Mpow M30 to see if they work better with Active2.

2) Active 2 problems with Spotfy and Tidal: Galaxie Active 2 has problems using Spotfy and Tidal. It has these functions but it is not implemented correctly. Spotfy does not always work in offline mode and Tidal is slow and does not update playlists dynamically. I do not recommend Active 2 for these functions. Local mp3 use is mandatory with Active2!!!

3) Enter the Fiio M6: I would like a more robust option for when I'm at Hifi Listen Mood. Excellent choice, the M6 works perfectly with both Spotfy and Tidal offline. I pair it with a TRS V90 earphones, what a beautiful combination, the sound and functionality are perfect. The V90 is small and very good for Running.

4) Enter the TRS (Linsoul) BT20s Pro. What a wonderful product. I really wanted a product that works well with Active 2. It is a Bluetooth Receiver / Amplifier with good connectivity and wonderful sound (see amazon review for details). It works almost perfectly with Active 2 (I had 5 dropouts in 40 minutes of running), I paired it with the TRS V90 and the combination was perfect, the bass was spot on. You can buy 0.75mm and mmcx adapters, and you can use it with a variety of wired earphones. I will try it next with Tin T2 plus.

This was my long Journey to get a satisfying Joging Combo. When Jabra 75t and Mpow arrive, I will comment here.

Any Help or Comments are very Welcome.

Thanks
Antonio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back