Wired alternatives to Pioneer SE-DIR800C?
Dec 5, 2009 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fuzzdoc

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've been trying to do research on a good pair of surround sound headphones for my late night movies/ps3 playing. The pioneer is the one that seems to come ahead in most reviews I'm finding. I would prefer a wired set due to the inherent limitations in transmission, and I would also love to be able to use this set with my zune 120 that I've loaded WMA lossless (currently usiong etymotic er-6 buds; I love em but they get uncomfortable after extended use). Price is not too much of a problem. I'm willing to go around $500 for this set-up, and could probably be talked into a little more if it was worth it. My second question is how well any set of dolby headphones handle blu-ray audio. I currently have my pd3 doing the decoding of the uncompressed audio and sending it to my onkyo 805 as a straight muti-channel output. Would I need to tweak the settings on my ps3 or will the phones automatically compress the signal to what they can handle (speaking more of the pioneer?) I'm just a noob trying to get the most out of my movies and music. Thanks in advance for your help!

Fuzzdoc

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #2 of 6
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880 2005's.

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again. I'm off to make the purchase.

Fuzzdoc

You will not regret it. It is the best gaming sound setup for under $1000, imo (and the total will be under $400). The only thing better is the Smyth Virtual System. It uses DSP technology for surround like Dolby Headphone; albeit a lot better, and use stax headphones. Cost around $3000. And the Beyerdynamic Headzone. Also a DSP surround system that uses DT880 2005's for headphones. Cost around $2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back