Wire replacements for klipsch promedia
Jul 7, 2008 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Paranoid Android

100+ Head-Fier
So one of the wires went bad on me and Im thinking that instead of getting a replacement from Klipsch I might as well get brand new wire for both speakers because I heard it makes a difference, since the Klipsch wire is supposedly terrible. The question is how big of a difference will I hear for, lets say, under $20 shipped? I should note that the speakers have 1/8" inputs to the speakers and bare wire for the sub. I know nothing about attaching my own plugs to regular wires so if youre gonna link me, please link to wires with the 1/8"s already attached. thanks!

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 5
I replaced the satellites with some Infinity speakers I had- that made a huge difference.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 5
well if the 1/8" inputs are standard TS miniplugs, you could probably grab some of those monstrously big canare plugs and wire as high of a gauge cable as you can to them (I'd think up to 18 gauge with a bit of finesse, considering how large the plugs are) - you can get speaker wire from Home Depot at like 40 cents/foot.

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, I know absolutely nothing about wiring plugs and wires together so that's out. I tried resplicing wires for an old pair of broken headphones, no success. And I'm just curious, as far as attaching different/better speakers, is there some guidelines/specs to follow so that the new speakers aren't limited by the rest of the system? Here are the specs for reference: ProMedia 2.1 - Computer Speakers, Computer Speaker System, PC Speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back