Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus)
Feb 23, 2014 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86

lord_tris

1000+ Head-Fier
Winter meet was a success again. Thanks for all you guys making the drive to meet new people and have a grand old time!!!

First off THANKS EeePee for ruining my Beyer love....in a good way. But still GRumble Grumble grr grrr grrrrrr....

It was also awesome meeting new people there was not a single person that was at my place i would say didnt bring something new to the table from gear to information and new opinions. It was all around freaking awesome time. 

Its hard to put into words all the new things I keep learning and hearing with all these new haedphones and amps on the market it is just great that people in the community like to share their gear and opinions. This is a great hobby to be in.

At least he was happy!!! The obligatory incorrectly worn HD800!!!

Kinda empty rack...

The trifecta 

Those again!!!

Some DIY Monster Schiit crack!!!

Dat Crack tho 

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 86
  First off THANKS EeePee for ruining my Beyer love....in a good way. But still GRumble Grumble grr grrr grrrrrr....

Hey, you're welcome.  It's not my fault you hear what I do.  
biggrin.gif

I don't have too many impressions because as I said a few times, I kept ending up listening to my own stuff!  Derp!

Didn't like the T90.  580 is good, the 650 is solid, the 700 was off for me (not usually) and the 800 is great.  Crack amp was nice sounding again.  Torpedo was good too.

The one thing I can be sure of after these meets lately is that I'm very comfortable with the Mjolnir and HD 650.

Feb 24, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 86
Sucks I missed this. That's three in a row. I really wanted some impressions and options on my nuwave. Hope everyone had a great time. I really wanted to BS tubes with Ken. Post more pics! Did anyone end up coming down from Canton area?
What was the main attraction at this meet?

Feb 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #5 of 86
On the front page!!!!
Dave this time around I don't think that there was a main attraction. Everything got a lot of attention. It was a great time all around. 
I heard everything from, What Beyer does badly to how tubes work to tube rolling. It was just an awesome time had by all.  

Muskyhuntr Hope you can make the one in a 3ish months would love to hear some DIY from you!!!

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 86
Poke fun all you want, but even Sennheiser realized they screwed up the cups on the 800. They feel more comfortable backwards and with the weight of the headband shifted forward, they don't even fall off your head when you finish your beer (or cider). We just need another backwards cable to go with them.

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 86
I should take notes at these things instead of relying on my memory a couple days later.  However through repetition, a conclusion can be drawn!

Schiit stacks were fun.  I like that company and their looks of the mid sized gear.  But I'm certainly glad that I have the Mjolnir.  The Asgard I'm not positive about (but I might be blaming the Bifrost).  When I sit down with it, I already expect to hear a certain sound, so I'm already biased, but then, I hear it.  Can't be alone when the company rolls out two upgraded versions...  Valhalla is nice enough to want more private time with it in the quiet corner.  I wanted to do that this time, but I needed to make sure this Vali thing is settled in my mind.  Magni isn't my cup of tea no matter how many times I try, nor is the Vali, and I tried to like it, but pitting it up against the Mjolnir with my CDP playing the same songs at the same time, I felt that I simply have the better of the two.  And yes it should be that way with the large cost difference, but the hype train was HUGE with the Vali.

So therefore, once again, I win!

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 86
So sad I missed this (not sure it was open invite anyway :rolleyes:)

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #12 of 86
You guys gotta find the Ohio Forum on here and stay up to date!

And yes it was an open invite. 

And yes there'll be more meets this year.

And yes there was a LOT more gear there than the few pictures and posts suggest.

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #13 of 86
yes the other people that took pics needs to post moar pics

And yes I send Invites out to people in the ohio forum every time 

these happen every 3 months or there abouts unless i like you (IE you live close or want to come over lol)  then mini meets happen more frequently!

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #14 of 86
Wow, my HD580s reunited with its younger siblings. Pictures showed more of a family reunion than an audio meet. *Sniffle* :wink:

Hmmm... my EQ screen is reminding me to put my Darth Beyer V4s back on my ears. Glad to see lord_tris extend the HD580's legacy onward. Seeing the box my stuff came with, was there a lot of Siriracha hot sauce available? And no, onward is not a preposition. :D

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #15 of 86

More pics you say?  Here's a few I snapped from my phone.  I didn't get a chance to take a pic of anything in the living room with those tables as I was listening to these Grados that I have on my noggin as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back