Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013) Impressions
Apr 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #16 of 38
"Maybe you could post a picture of your Head-Fi station with your TAD amp in the "Show us your Head-Fi station..." thread or somewhere else.  I know I would like to see and learn more about it."

Roger, that.

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #17 of 38
Hey guys.  Sounds like you had a great meet.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend.  But I was thinking about you guys on Saturday while I listened to my portable rig at the hotel in Florida.  It was about the same time, so I was there in spirit.

Did you guys get to compare the 3 different LCD3 models?  Any difference?

Can't wait to hear more Buzz about the meet.
And Great Job RastaDolphin!  Awesome organization and execution job.

See you guys at the next one....

Apr 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #18 of 38
Perhaps next time we can push for a Raleigh area meet for us eastern fringers and get Drew from Moon Audio to tag along with those new Kingsound Electrostats he demoed at the NY meet.

Apr 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #19 of 38
I jumped the gun a bit and posted these on the meet thread prior to this Impressions thread being created. I'll post my pics here as well for reference. 

My impressions......well, I'm very new to Head-Fi, but I have been around audio for a while - primarily in Sound Quality mobile audio. So, I'm just getting started in the learning curve concerning various types of headphones and synergies to various types of amplifiers. 

I like the Audeze phones very much, but the comfort issue makes them a no-go for me. 

I was very impressed with the HiFiMan HE-6 that I got some time with. I enjoyed the Denon 2K and 7K's that I listened to and the AKG's that Jerry had. For some reason, I didn't listen to the Grados that were present even though I meant to. My favorite was the AKG K1000's - I think I would be very satisfied with a pair of these :)

I enjoyed Alex's Woo, and the TAD tube amp. The Schiit equipment was extremely good as well. I definitely gravitate towards the tube sound. There wasn't anything I really didn't like - could be just the noob in me or that it was just a darn good time. 
wink.gif

Alex's collection.

Stax!

Very nice Burson Soloist

Part of Jerry's collection.

Schiit!

Beauty of a custom Tube Amp if I remember correctly.

Alex enjoying 'Nessun Dorma' by Jackie Evancho on his awesome AKG K1000's that many of us adored. 

That is all the photos I took - if you have corrections or comments on the photos or the equipment in them, feel free to post.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #21 of 38
Hey guys.  Sounds like you had a great meet.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend.  But I was thinking about you guys on Saturday while I listened to my portable rig at the hotel in Florida.  It was about the same time, so I was there in spirit.

Did you guys get to compare the 3 different LCD3 models?  Any difference?

Can't wait to hear more Buzz about the meet.
And Great Job RastaDolphin!  Awesome organization and execution job.

See you guys at the next one....

Oh, thanks! It was quite an experience. My first meet of any kind.

I had mostly intended on comparing the O2 to my cmoy and the Audeze to the Senn HD800s -- none of which happened. :frowning2: I blame ardgedee for throwing me that sextets curve ball. But it was a lot of fun and I can't get over what an awesome group of folks we had.

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #22 of 38
hello! I might be one of the 'random guy'.
Thank you all for bringing your awesome gears! It is really a wonderful experience to hear the headphones.
I brought my sennheiser Momentum on that day, but I just found out that the cable was actually a defective one...
And I got a pair of new AKG K240 :)

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #24 of 38
I am very upset that I did not know this even was taking place.  Finally an event not so far away from my home and I knew nothing about it.  Surely there is a better way to make sure forum members know about these upcoming events?  The Meets forum is just too overwhelming to try to pick your locations from.  Some sort of interactive map with the locations marked and moused-over for dates would be awesome.

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:
I am very upset that I did not know this even was taking place.  Finally an event not so far away from my home and I knew nothing about it.  Surely there is a better way to make sure forum members know about these upcoming events?  The Meets forum is just too overwhelming to try to pick your locations from.  Some sort of interactive map with the locations marked and moused-over for dates would be awesome.

Every once in a while I will just google something like "NC head fi meet" and usually if there's a recent thread on one coming up it will be at or near the top of the list.

Apr 28, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #27 of 38

That WOULD be convenient. Sorry you didn't get to come. Maybe you can set up another one in a few months. I'm ready for another one now that I might have more focused tests with.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #28 of 38
I meant to ask someone when I was at the meet. Does anyone know who I could get work done on a vintage Marantz receiver?
I need some work and a recap. Is there anyone good in this general area any of you guys know of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back