wine storage - any recommendations?
Jan 17, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 30
I recommend not getting wine coolers. Lol

Jan 17, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #4 of 30
Yeah. Wine coolers are for teenagers.

Jan 17, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is nothing wrong with wine coolers if you don't like beer or for whatever reason. I suggest fuzzy navel personally.

Yeah, but there are so many better mixed drinks that you can make any strength you want. I've always hated wine coolers because they are way to sweet for me.

Jan 17, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek800 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but there are so many better mixed drinks that you can make any strength you want. I've always hated wine coolers because they are way to sweet for me.

This.

Hell, I find any kind of cooler (wine, rum or vodka) give you nasty hangovers if you have too many and not to mention the sour stomach and indigestion!

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This.

Hell, I find any kind of cooler (wine, rum or vodka) give you nasty hangovers if you have too many and not to mention the sour stomach and indigestion!

i figure this is because they're using the cheap stuff (lots of congeners) when they know you won't be able to taste the nastiness over all the sugar and acid.

i can mix something weak and sweet all by myself, so i've never bought any of the alcopops or coolers.

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by g4ry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the wording of the post, I was under the impression that the OP was searching for a small refrigeration device, made specifically for chilling bottles of wine.

Haha I think you are right.

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone have good experiences with a particular small wine cooler? if so, please share, I'm shopping around, thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by g4ry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the wording of the post, I was under the impression that the OP was searching for a small refrigeration device, made specifically for chilling bottles of wine.

I was a bit confused at first as well (wine chiller might be a better term). Are you looking to chill a single bottle, or a wine fridge for several bottles?

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #12 of 30
Lol I was really confused reading all of the replies. I thought, "what the hell is everyone talking about? The guy needs a device to cool / keep cool a wine bottle." Then I googled wine cooler and now I know
tongue.gif
. Weird terminology for a drink I think. Even the first hit on google for wine coolers is how I thought the OP meant it: devices to cool wine.

Jan 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #14 of 30
Did you read the thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back