WinDVD Audio Booster
Jan 16, 2006 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
I was just messing around with the settings in the WinDVD media player "Audio Booster" and now I have some AMAZING out of the head sound! This sounds like speakers! not "like" speakers...I dont think I would be able to tell the difference.

Does anyone else use WinDVD Platinum with the Audio Booster?

[size=small]Settings:
[/size]
Audio Booster Pack

Listen On: Headphones
Surround Mode: ON - Dolby
Room Size: Large

I used the "open file" to choose an mp3 file and now I am just sitting here shaking my head...why didnt I try this before! I clearly remember Nightwoundstime telling me something about this and how to use it with DVD-A.

More in a bit...immediate improvements to soundstage and almost nil fatigue!! The downsides - a more 'compressed' sound and wooly bass...not too terrible though. I am using the motherboard sound output
tongue.gif
imagine how this would sound with a Corda Aria or Headroom Micro and a higher bitrate mp3 or wav file!!

WinDVD.GIF

Jan 16, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 2
You know, there's a thread a few lines below this, its like "Dolby DSP plugin" or something to that effect--in it, you will find info on a Dolby Headphone wrapper (I believe I should call it) for foobar2000; in fact, all you need is that wrapper plugin and a copy of the Dolby Headphone file (which is already in your computer with WinDVD) and you're in business. Maybe not for DVD-A (unless, of course, you've ripped DVD-A files onto your computer, which is possible and playable in foobar), but beneficial to all Dolby encoded material (and even ambient pre-Dolby stuff). Might want to check it out, since you seem to like the sound. I tend to stray away from it myself, except on surround-specific material. Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back