Windows XP Service Pack 2
Sep 8, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 31
Yeah. I've heard all kinds of things, like it screws with eDonkey and the like, but I installed SP2 before I had anything else on my computer. (Since people were required to reinstall progams after installing SP2) But personally I haven't had any problems with it.

Sep 8, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 31
It's been terrible on both computers I installed it on. It often has problems with memory dumps and has bugs with my Radeon graphics card. I can no longer play games due to SP2. The firewall is also fairly crappy, but I use Kerio so that's not much of a problem.

Sep 8, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 31
So far so good. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. The only problem I have encountered is that the MS Security Centre does not recognise my version of Norton - I should be able to resolve that when I upgrade Norton in a couple of months.

FWIW - I have both the Firewall and Antivirus features of Security Centre disabled, preferring to work with Zone Alarm and Norton instead.

Sep 8, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 31
I installed the Service Pack 2 on 3 computers and so far, no problems encountered. I like the new small changes they made on the interface, its sleeker now.

Sep 8, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 31
HI: I had to download it whenever I was on line. it took 3 days to download and it don't recognize my AVG 7.0 anti-virus. I think they want you to get their stuff. I see no ill affects using it.

Sep 8, 2004 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime
It's been terrible on both computers I installed it on. It often has problems with memory dumps and has bugs with my Radeon graphics card. I can no longer play games due to SP2. The firewall is also fairly crappy, but I use Kerio so that's not much of a problem.

Did you do a fresh format with SP2 integrated? Or simply update an existing copy with SP2?

Sep 8, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 31
Well, I Guess it just downloaded and I installed it! LOL, sneaky ba$tards
wink.gif

So far everything works great, I just turned off their antivirus and am using Norton.

Sep 8, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 31
I had to format and reinstall everything, after I installed it, total disaster. So I remove it, and in long time I will not try it again, I order theCD though.....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Acer installed it on my PC when I sent it in to be fixed. It works fine for me, but booting is a little slower.

Just slower, it took an eternity to boot.....LOL....

Sep 8, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #13 of 31
I upgraded four out of five of my computers. No problems thus far. The fifth one has had problems and SP2 had to be uninstalled. I'm still working on that one somehow.

Sep 8, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #15 of 31
No problems for me, other than the fact that my version of Nero had to be updated from 6.3.0.2 to 6.3.1.2 in order to work correctly under SP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back