Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos for gaming
Oct 20, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 29
I use neither. Any of the simulated surround sound software makes the audio sound like crap to me and it sounds very artificial. My HD598 sound better with no software and have great Soundstage and imaging without the surround sound programs

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 29
I use neither. Any of the simulated surround sound software makes the audio sound like crap to me and it sounds very artificial. My HD598 sound better with no software and have great Soundstage and imaging without the surround sound programs
That's the answer I was looking for. Whilst there are some good VSS implementations out there, they're not necessary when you have such good stereo headphones to begin with.

Also you have an HD 598 hooked up to a Magni 2 which it doesn't really need, ever thought about upgrading your cans for your gaming needs?

HD 598 is a great starting point for gamers and people who want to get into this hobby though, they were my first.

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 29
That's the answer I was looking for. Whilst there are some good VSS implementations out there, they're not necessary when you have such good stereo headphones to begin with.

Also you have an HD 598 hooked up to a Magni 2 which it doesn't really need, ever thought about upgrading your cans for your gaming needs?

HD 598 is a great starting point for gamers and people who want to get into this hobby though, they were my first.
I've been considering buying some Fidelio X2 or HD800 to replace my 598 as a general use/gaming headphone but I have plenty of other hobbies to spend money on and I just bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend which I have to pay off :/ And the little photoshoot I did for it was done with a borrowed DSLR which I also want to buy sometime soon. Ugh too many things fighting for my wallet.

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 29

And the Magni was my first dedicated Amp from when I first got my 650, I found the stack on ebay and the gain switch is broken and permanently set to Low so I don't really think anybody would pay much for it, so it just stays with the 598 for now

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 29
And the Magni was my first dedicated Amp from when I first got my 650, I found the stack on ebay and the gain switch is broken and permanently set to Low so I don't really think anybody would pay much for it, so it just stays with the 598 for now
Ah okay that makes sense. Well then the headphones can definitely wait then if you've got more important stuff to sort out, it's not vital to upgrade from an HD 598 since its a wonderful headphone in itself.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #7 of 29
Ah okay that makes sense. Well then the headphones can definitely wait then if you've got more important stuff to sort out, it's not vital to upgrade from an HD 598 since its a wonderful headphone in itself.
It sure is! Since I have the HD650 and LCD2 for dedicated music cans, I'm perfectly fine with the 598 :) if anything, I want to try out the ZMF Atticus because I really want a closed back that is on the same level as my Audeze

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #8 of 29
It sure is! Since I have the HD650 and LCD2 for dedicated music cans, I'm perfectly fine with the 598 :) if anything, I want to try out the ZMF Atticus because I really want a closed back that is on the same level as my Audeze
Isn't the Atticus Semi-Open?, it has what appears to be little vents on the back of the earcup.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #9 of 29
Isn't the Atticus Semi-Open?, it has what appears to be little vents on the back of the earcup.
I've heard it's more on the closed side

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #11 of 29
They definitely have a unique sense of style, they'll be great as fashion cans.
I mean I wouldn't wear them out regardless, I just like a good wooden cup headphone to match my desk

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #13 of 29
It would be worth it as they sound awesome.

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #15 of 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Back