windows operating systems question
Nov 29, 2003 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

decesaro

100+ Head-Fier
Im interested in getting an i pod , but my computer is only running windows 98 and you need 2000 or better . At this time it is not feasable to spend a hundred plus dollars on windows plus the Ipod, is there anywhere I can get windows 2000 or XP at a reasonable price?
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 9
What are your computer specs? Just wondering if it can handle XP or 2000 with reasonable performance.
There are ways of getting copies of windows 2000 or XP for cheap, depending on how much you respect the law
evil_smiley.gif
. I'll just mention some legitimate ways:
If you know someone who works at MS then that person can get good deals.
Or try ebay.

Nov 29, 2003 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 9
just borrow from a friend really, i dont think bill gates is gonna bust you for it. i home version of xp is liek $200, jesus christ, that nerd is greedy. i've used all windows version, but i must say i like windows2k better than windowsxp, they're really both the the samething. i actaully find xp less convience because of all the reminders and craps about remembering your settings. also xp interface is very graphical so it tend to be slower than 2000. i've never had the the blue screen of death on 2k, but i did had it on xp.

Nov 29, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Burundo
What are your computer specs? Just wondering if it can handle XP or 2000 with reasonable performance.
There are ways of getting copies of windows 2000 or XP for cheap, depending on how much you respect the law
evil_smiley.gif
. I'll just mention some legitimate ways:
If you know someone who works at MS then that person can get good deals.
Or try ebay.

the specs are p2 350 mhz, 128mb, voodoo 3 card, sound blaster live, 20gig hd, do you think its worth it

Nov 29, 2003 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by decesaro
the specs are p2 350 mhz, 128mb, voodoo 3 card, sound blaster live, 20gig hd, do you think its worth it

OMG! do not run win2000(or xp) on 128megs of RAM. It will be very very slow. Sorry to say but you seem to be overdue for an upgrade. Dell has some really good deals on for christmass. Maybe check it out?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
dont buy ipod, buy iriver ihp120, problem solved.

My guess is you must have one ,is it better than the I pod ? Ill do a search
Thanks

Nov 29, 2003 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
About that 'XP slow because of graphics' thingy.. You can turn all that eye-candy stuff off, you know.
Looks just like Win2K and runs pretty nicely too.
wink.gif

i know i know i know

B]My guess is you must have one ,is it better than the I pod ? Ill do a search [/B]
actually i dont, i am very poor. its just a suggestion, but the ihp120 and among some others hd palyer can act as a harddrive, instead of needing to install softwares. there are tons of thread about it in the portable section.

btw, is it windows98 or windows98SE?[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back