Windows Media Player 10 Problem
Mar 25, 2005 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Soundbuff

100+ Head-Fier
I've noticed a strange problem with Windows Media Player 10 when ripping certain multi-CD sets.

Today I tried to rip Mozart's Le Nozze Di Figaro (a 3 CD opera) to Windows Media Player 10, and it keeps writing the second and third CD's over the previously ripped tracks on CD1 and CD2 when I do this.

What can be done to fix this? I have tried ripping CD1, renaming CD1, then ripping CD2, and renaming CD2, and ripping CD3, renaming CD3 in the album list but this does not seem to fix the problem.

Is there a way to give each CD a separate identity so they do not overwrite each other when ripping the tracks from each?

Thanks much!

Mar 25, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 7
WMP 10 sucks at ripping CD's. flat out sucks. Download EAC (exact audio copy) and the newest version of lame. EAC has several options and can get the info on almost any audio CD you put into it. There are sooo many other options that EAC has i just cant name them off. Do your self a favor and start using it immediately. There are a few EAC setup guides around here i think so you can look around the PC as source board for more info on EAC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milesbeyondjazz
I use Real Player to rip CDs.Works much better than the music match jukebox that came with my computer.

I've used countless CD rippers, burners, readers, and copiers and none rip CD's like EAC can, the quality and options are rediculous. Get off of real player and onto EAC
orphsmile.gif

Mar 25, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 7
I use Real Player to rip CDs.Works much better than the music match jukebox that came with my computer.

Mar 25, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 7
You can use Audiograbber also...

Mar 26, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 7
OK I will download and investigate both Exact Audio Copy and Audio Grabber...

But are these programs also good for cataloging rips the way Windows Media Player 10 does? Or is there a different program you recommend for that?

I have an Iaudio U2 flash player...formats supported are MP3, WMA, OGG, ASF and WAV.

Mar 26, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
I use CDex, it grabs the track, artist, album names from the net, create folders for each CD (even bonus discs if there is one), and put the tracks in there where they should be.

Awesome (free!) program. Too bad no database seems to have all my albums registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back