Windows Analyzer Software (RTA) for Active Audio Output (not Input)?
Sep 9, 2021 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

halcyon

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anybody know of a Real-Time Audio Analyzer software (RTA) for Windows that allows the monitoring of active Windows 10 Audio Output (not just input)?

I have tried:

- Friture
- TrueRTA
- WinScope
- Audio Measurement System AudMeS
- Visual Analyzer 2021

And NONE of them allow the selection of Windows Output devices for active monitoring. They can all of course easily monitor Audio Input devices (mics, line-ins, etc) available to Windows.

However, what I'm after is playing back an audio in whatever Windows Software, monitoring that output audio (scope, spectrogram i.e. spectrum analyzer, fft spectrum, etc) while being able to listen to that audio output.

Of course I can pipe back the audio output (let's say headphones) back to a microphone and monitor the microphone input, but then I am actually monitoring the sum of Audio output + headphone characteristics + microphone characteristics + room/environment audio characteristics, which I don't want.

I know there are sound card specific software (for example RME has pretty decent software for their cards), but they only work with certain audio cards / sound devices.

Is there are sound card independent, Audio OUTPUT real-time monitoring software for Windows 10 64-bit that allows real-time frequency analysis?

All pointer are welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back