Windows always defaults to 5.1...
Apr 25, 2015 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ElliottG

New Head-Fier
Since I can't post anywhere else on this forum I need to post here...

I have an Audigy SE connected to my headphones. All updated drivers etc etc bla bla bla.

Problem I have is that in my sound settings every time I start my computer or wake it from sleep, it defaults to 5.1. I really want it to default to "Headphones". I have headphone detection enabled and it doesn't do squat. 

Problem with 5.1 is that I can't hear sound on ~50% of YouTube videos for some reason. Changing it to headphones works, but like I said, it switches back on its own.

Anyone know how? 

Thanks

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 5
I have no experience with the Audigy sound card.

But have you tried adjusting the settings through the Windows properties for your sound card, or are you using some settings with some kind of software that Creative provides. Perhaps the former would help if you haven't done that.

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 5
I have no experience with the Audigy sound card.

But have you tried adjusting the settings through the Windows properties for your sound card, or are you using some settings with some kind of software that Creative provides. Perhaps the former would help if you haven't done that.

I don't actually have any options in my Windows sound settings. There is a button for settings which brings me directly to the SoundBlaster software.

I guess I should have titled it "SoundBlaster always defaults to 5.1".

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 5
So you have used this interface to access the properties for your sound card and also to try the configure option?

Normally one can access this through the Windows control panel.

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 5
So you have used this interface to access the properties for your sound card and also to try the configure option?

Normally one can access this through the Windows control panel.

Yup. I set it to Headphones like I mentioned and it resets to 5.1 whenever I reboot or wake the computer from sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back