Windows 7 0404 difficulties -- Resolved w/ Fix
Jan 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Marl

100+ Head-Fier
This has probably been answered before, but I searched for awhile and couldn't find anything.

I just upgraded to the Windows 7 beta. I installed the 0404 usb drivers without a problem. The vista 64 worked really well. I can play music on Foobar, because I was able to choose the output device.

However, all other noises from my computer aren't being played by the 0404. Firefox, VLC, system sounds, etc... are not using the 0404 for sound. My guess is they are being played out of my on board sound card by default. Is there a way to change this?

Here's the fix for the curious:
jhgdfjhgfd.png

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 4
You just need to change the default audio device in Windows to the 0404. You might be able to right click on a little sound icon in the bottom right part of your screen and get a menu that includes "Playback Devices" from which you could select the device to play back system sounds. Otherwise, go to the Control Panel, find Sound, and select it from there.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Another option should be to turn off the onboard sound in the BIOS if you're comfortable with PC's which hopefully you are running Windows 7

Usually it's just tap the delete key on boot up and in the bios find what is usually referred to as "integrated devices" or something like that and just turn the soundcard off.

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 4
Got it. Right clicking on the sound decal led to a lot of options.

0404 works wonders in windows 7 for audio playback. I haven't used any of it's recording functions yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back