Windows 10 settings
Apr 3, 2018 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
Hello all I am new to the community. I started my headfi adventure with and Audio GD NFB11.28 and a set of AKG 7xxs. I am wondering if I need to change anything in windows to get the best possible sound out of this combination. Specifically the playback devices default format. When it is set to 16 bit 44.1 everything works fine. I am change it to a higher resolution Spotify will not play correctly. If I leave it at 44.1 will the NFB11 take care of the rest or is this something I should be changing when I am listening to music vs playing games vs using foobar?

Thank you,
Jeff

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello all I am new to the community. I started my headfi adventure with and Audio GD NFB11.28 and a set of AKG 7xxs. I am wondering if I need to change anything in windows to get the best possible sound out of this combination. Specifically the playback devices default format. When it is set to 16 bit 44.1 everything works fine. I am change it to a higher resolution Spotify will not play correctly. If I leave it at 44.1 will the NFB11 take care of the rest or is this something I should be changing when I am listening to music vs playing games vs using foobar?

Thank you,
Jeff

Spotify does not even use 16bit/44.1khz files unless you pay for their premium service, they steam in mp3...if you want to use higher or more consistent bit rates try tidal. Not sure exactly how the nfb11 handles upconverting though so I can’t help you in that area.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Spotify does not even use 16bit/44.1khz files unless you pay for their premium service, they steam in mp3...if you want to use higher or more consistent bit rates try tidal. Not sure exactly how the nfb11 handles upconverting though so I can’t help you in that area.
Thank you for the feedback Motocrossman23 I think what I am asking is should I leave my windows at 44.1 and then change it when I am listening to music on foobar with asio or does the windows setting not matter at that point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back