Windows 10 Finally Getting Native USB 2 Audio Support
Oct 26, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #31 of 111
Nice update/feature addition to 14955

USB Audio 2.0 devices are now named based on the make/model of the device, rather than using a generic name, in places across the system, for example Device Manager.
Read more at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/10/25/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14955-for-mobile-and-pc/#x18Ib4VsCBqHTcc1.99

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #32 of 111
So, when are these updates coming as updates for regular Window 10?

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #33 of 111
  So, when are these updates coming as updates for regular Window 10?

All of these updates will be coming to the main branch of Windows 10 in Q1 2017 in their recently announced "Creators Update" or "Windows 10 CU" for short.

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #34 of 111
Well, I finally got my Xduoo XD-05 and it does detect with my stock 950 xl with the latest stable build, but it gives me a message saying that this device needs to be plugged in to a PC.

No external screen is available and audio plays out of the internal speaker.

I guess no mobile DAC for a few months...

Am I right to assume that Windows 10 CU will also be for mobile and be able to support USB Audio Class 2?

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #35 of 111
  Well, I finally got my Xduoo XD-05 and it does not detect with my stock 950 xl with the latest stable build.

Am I right to assume that Windows 10 CU will also be for mobile and be able to support USB Audio Class 2?

​Insider build does support USB 2.0 driver. I have had a Burson Air Conductor connected on build 14946 and newer

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #36 of 111

​Insider build does support USB 2.0 driver. I have had a Burson Air Conductor connected on build 14946 and newer

That requires me to use the Windows Insider, right?

Have you experienced many stability issues?

I did not have the best results with my last phone and the Windows 8.1 Developer Preview.

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #37 of 111

That requires me to use the Windows Insider, right?

Have you experienced many stability issues?

I did not have the best results with my last phone and the Windows 8.1 Developer Preview.

​yes on insider and i have a 950 xl and the latest builds are pretty smooth. i don't use it as my daily yet, but its getting close

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #38 of 111
  Well, I finally got my Xduoo XD-05 and it does detect with my stock 950 xl with the latest stable build, but it gives me a message saying that this device needs to be plugged in to a PC.

No external screen is available and audio plays out of the internal speaker.

Due to the creation of UWP you would be correct to assume that Windows 10 CU will be coming to mobile devices, however, I am not sure if the USB 2 Audio driver will be included on the mobile release.

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #41 of 111
The USB 2.0 audio driver included in the preview build doesn't work with Yggdrasil.
I get a code 10 error when trying to update driver
frown.gif

That would probably be because the Yggy uses that special "Gen 3" USB module. Even Schiit had to prepare special drivers for it apart from their normal set of "Gen 2" USB drivers. I wouldn't be surprised if the Yggy incorporates some proprietary USB chip that a generic USB 2.0 driver just doesn't recognize.

- InsanityOne 
redface.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #42 of 111
That would probably be because the Yggy uses that special "Gen 3" USB module. Even Schiit had to prepare special drivers for it apart from their normal set of "Gen 2" USB drivers. I wouldn't be surprised if the Yggy incorporates some proprietary USB chip that a generic USB 2.0 driver just doesn't recognize.

- InsanityOne :xf_eek:

Why would the hardware be the cause? It's recognized by windows, but is unable to start (code 10).
Reported to feedback hub.

Jason Stoddard would you be able to shed some light here?
Should the long awaited native USB 2.0 support in win10 work with Yggdrasil or is Gen3 driver end-of-the-road as far as USB drivers go?

Thanks.

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #43 of 111
Should the long awaited native USB 2.0 support in win10 work with Yggdrasil or is Gen3 driver end-of-the-road as far as USB drivers go?

My "insider" version 1607 Build 14971.1000 runs fine with an Yggy after I completely remove all Schiit Drivers.

Given the non-release nature of the "insider" versions of Windoze, we cannot support these releases at Schiit until Microsoft catches up with all other OSes, officially supporting USB2 audio.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 4, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #44 of 111
My "insider" version 1607 Build 14971.1000 runs fine with an Yggy after I completely remove all Schiit Drivers.

Given the non-release nature of the "insider" versions of Windoze, we cannot support these releases at Schiit until Microsoft catches up with all other OSes, officially supporting USB2 audio.

That's great news Baldr I got 14971 pushed to me last night so will try later today.
My initial test was done on 14965.

I heard 2017 Q1 as official release of USB audio 2.0.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #45 of 111

Nope still won't start here with 14971 running. All C-Media stuff cleaned up, reboots and recycle multiple times. I'm refreshing device manager and "Schiit Audio Gen 3 USB" shows up with !-sign and not running, despite the new native driver being installed.
:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back