Wind-noise with Shure e2(c)?
Oct 27, 2004 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 25
Unless you've got eyes in the back of your head, you've just been lucky so far. If you want to risk your own neck you can do that, but you are also putting other people in danger.

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 25
Previously owned the EX71s, now I have the Shures. I can't hear any windnoice on my shures, but heard little with my EX71s as well. I just hear less with my shures on though.

As for biking with these things on: it's more than possible if you just stick to the traffic rules. Just don't jump red lights that much..
280smile.gif

I'm not sure how it is to bike over there in America, but you won't be able to tell much difference with hearing traffic vs not hearing it over at my place..

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by carsten2501
so .. any more experinces?

Yeah.

I almost go run over by a car.

Other than that?

You might notice a bit of occlusion, with all that peddling and hard breathing and whatnot.

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:45 PM Post #9 of 25
Occlusion effect with bicycling is much less of a problem than running.. peddling is non-impact, it doesn't produce any sort of "thumping" at all. Hard breathing is.. well.. not really that big of a deal, because you're going to be breathing hard if you're cycling hard anyway.

From what I remember, Shure E2c does reduce wind noise significantly... I think one of the reason that your EX51 isn't doing so well against wind noise, is that EX51 (and EX71 as well) are actually ported. They use a dynamic driver design that needs a port to allow air to flow through, there are tiny little holes on the back of the EX51 driver.

Shure E2c is a completely sealed driver unit.

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Occlusion effect with bicycling is much less of a problem than running.. peddling is non-impact, it doesn't produce any sort of "thumping" at all. Hard breathing is.. well.. not really that big of a deal, because you're going to be breathing hard if you're cycling hard anyway.

What if the road isn't even?

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #11 of 25
Still didn't matter that much, because your feet is still on the same pedal, your butt is still on the seat (however absorbing the shock & pain).... if your butt or feet is constantly being lifted up and then slammed down again... yeah.. but that isn't supposed to happen.

Oct 27, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 25
Got both MDR-EX70&71, a the E2, and a bike, and dangerous habits.
I found the sony's never too annoying with windnoise, (Koss' the plug was horrible in this aspect). But the E2 have even less.

BTW, I find myself biking by eye more then I do without phones, so there is some extra guard to compensate for the impaired hearing, if that is enough I do not know.
Very well-known fact in psychology; people with bad breaks break earlier. Enough earlier? Hey, psychology is not especially a quantitative science, so it probably depends...

Oct 27, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Still didn't matter that much, because your feet is still on the same pedal, your butt is still on the seat (however absorbing the shock & pain).... if your butt or feet is constantly being lifted up and then slammed down again... yeah.. but that isn't supposed to happen.

LOL very graphic illustration -- understood, sir!
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:51 PM Post #15 of 25
Just got those e2´s, love that upfront clear sound. But windnoise is very present. Think they have to go back. Wonder(and doubt) if e3 is better? Infact is there ANY phone blocking windnoise outthere? Preferebly in-ear. Or Sennheiser pmx60 maybe?

Hope u can help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back