Winamp / xmms users, what are your favourite "skins"?
Feb 8, 2005 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Zweroboi

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering, what do your players "wear"
biggrin.gif

As evident from my signature I like the Affinity-Dark skin very much.

Tiger Winamp and Longhorn Slate are great, and of high quality, IMO.

And the Detonation Green (preview/download) worth a look also! I used it for some time ago but found it too aggressive for my tastes.

P.s. I know that "sound quality is not skinnable" and so on, but I (personally) consider generic "word-processor" skins too boring for media/entertainment software. My media player (be it software or hardware) should please my eyes just as my ears
rs1smile.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 10
One of my favorite Winamp skins was for version 2.x and had what looked to be chinese characters on it. Going off of memory, I think it was sort of a beige/tan color but I can not for the life of me remember the name of it. It was lost in a format of my computer and I haven't been able to find it since. If by chance someone knows which skin I'm talking about (or happens to have it on their PC) I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

I now use version 5.x with one of the standard skins...they are basic and functional, but I normally use Foobar so Winamp doesn't get quite as much use these days.
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 10
when i did use winamp i used the base skin

Feb 9, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 10
I use iPod V4 which is a pretty good attempt at turning winamp in to an on screen iPod, far more reliable than a real iPod too. It's very cute if you are 'Team iPod' and probably very annoying if you are not.

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 10
It is named "ClassicStackAmp" and is a Marshall Guitar amp stack in black and gold.Has been my default skin for about four years now.

Others i use from time to time just to break the monotiny are the 'eXuisite" which is all wood,"Mahogany"-again all wood,and "Tilos" which looks kinda like a 50's car radio.

i guess i like my winamp to look like actual audio equipment and these come close.

I also pop on an old John Lennon skin occasionally but this skin does not conver the browser,eq or list

Feb 10, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #8 of 10
From those skins that copy real audio equipment exterior I liked the Steel This Amp skin. Also I've just found in my archives a very interesting skin called Virtual Dimension RMX. A flashback in good wireframe 3D
smily_headphones1.gif
Check how the volume control is drawn in action. One of the best visual effects in classic Winamp skins IMO.

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 10
I've been using metrix metal-dream for years now. Haven't changed it in a long long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back