Winamp visualization wrapper for Foobar2K?
Aug 1, 2007 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

isamu

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. Does anyone know of a Winamp visualization wrapper for version 0.9.4.3 of f2k? I've tried vis_bacon and Whitecap and none of them work
frown.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 7
vis_bacon is a open source project to emulate milkdrop using mikdrop's visualizations. You are correct that milkdrop itself never worked with foobar (at least to my knowledge), but we did have visualizations that used its presets and appeared the same, the main difference being features between the two.

Aug 26, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vis_bacon is a open source project to emulate milkdrop using mikdrop's visualizations. You are correct that milkdrop itself never worked with foobar (at least to my knowledge), but we did have visualizations that used its presets and appeared the same, the main difference being features between the two.

Oh I see then. My bad. I suppose there aren't any alternatives 'eh?

Aug 26, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #7 of 7
Nope. Go hang out at Hydrogen Audio for more feedback, but it amounts to the changes with 0.9 from 0.8... the Foobar developer made lots of changes that weren't backward compatible and effectively broke the existing plug-ins including visualizations. That pissed off the few developers that were doing vis wrappers, and no one has really bothered doing anything since.

Can't say I blame them, the transition from 0.8 to 0.9 was painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back