Winamp plug-ins?
Dec 13, 2002 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JahJahBinks

Headphoneus Supremus
When you listen to MP3, what plugs do you use in your winamp besides MAD, waveout output and the ones came with it? I downloaded a crossfeed plugin but it hardly does anything.

Dec 14, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 10
Dump winamp and use CoolPlayer or UltraPlayer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2002 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 10
Gah. Coolplayer has a ****ing ****ty interface. And the only reason people say it's better than Winamp is because of the MAD decoding engine; with the MAD plugin for Winamp, you get great sound and Winamp's far, far better interface (2.81 of course, NOT 3.0!)

- Chris

Dec 15, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 10
That's about it. What else do you want?
Crosfeed is a matter of taste... as is any other kind of post-processing you want to do (spatializing, sound shaping, valve simulators, etc...).

The output plugin & MAD are the only two "necessities" that I've heard of.

Dec 15, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 10
Well, I had this external EQ plugin by Naoki Shibata... don't need it much these days though
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 17, 2002 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 10
Personaly i only use cheap phones with my computer, however i have a few favorite's. The best DSP i have used nad continued to use , is a plugin called Dee Version 1.1
From this DSP you can get quite convincing room accoustics buy setting the 3D amp to zero and Reverb to Room. The bass can also be very well tailored and since i really like deep , deep bass i have it set to 60Hz. If you do get this and try it out , let me know and ill post the other usual settings i use.

BTW this plugin works much better with winamp V2.81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back