Winamp ASIO or KS output advice requested
Jan 20, 2010 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rsbrsvp

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi. I am not very good with computers and need some advice.

For Winamp, what is the best ASIO or KS output even if it costs?

I have downloaded a few free ones but I dont know how to get them into the Winamp output screen. They just download to the computer- but i need to get them into Winamp.

Could someone recommend a KS or ASIO and tell me how to get it into winamp once downloaded.

Thanks.

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks. I got both and both work except on the AISO I lost control of the bar that allows me to forward or rewind in the song in the Winamp software. I do still have volume control in Winamp which I thought I was supposed to loose in AISO

Is that normal? The AISO is much more transparent than the Kernal Streaming.

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #5 of 6
That is the one I was using. I tought they were the same thing.

It seems like the first AISO you recommended when I download it to Winamp and or to Plugins under Winamp does nothing.

This second recomendation at least shows up in the output choices of Winamp and allows me to chose ASIO4 ALL and it works except I cant forward or rewind within a song.

I wonder why the first AISO you recommended does not work? I did notice it says (dll) in brackets at the end of the file name but all the other winamp plugin files are .dll

Do you think it means anything?

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsbrsvp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems like the first AISO you recommended when I download it to Winamp and or to Plugins under Winamp does nothing.

I wonder why the first AISO you recommended does not work? I did notice it says (dll) in brackets at the end of the file name but all the other winamp plugin files are .dll

Do you think it means anything?

The 1st one is packed (zipped) using .7z. Download the 7zip software and unzip the .dll into Winamp plug-in folder.

7-Zip

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back