KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
Any tried this yet?

http://winamp.com/

winamp5ad.jpg
download.jpg

Dec 22, 2003 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 35
I installed it on Saturday...

I haven't really played around with it too much yet, but the radio feeds are good
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll dig deeper later, if most people aren't prepared to take the plunge, to see how easy it is to add plug-ins etc
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2003 at 12:29 PM Post #4 of 35
I've just bought a 20Gb iPod, so I need to re-do all my CD's i've put on computer from WMA to MP3.... is Winamp the best MP3 player? Winamp 5.0 looks pretty slick tho....

Dec 22, 2003 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 35
In the summarized features list says "most things actually work!!"

Uh what? Are they suddenly starting to get ironic on themselves?
Either way, I'm definately not DL'ing a player that posts THAT as a feature... I hated winamp3 anyway and this doesn't seem too different...

Dec 22, 2003 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 35
I had that foobar for a while, but couldn't get along with it... there is a basic GUI, and then there is foobar
eek.gif

On the bright side, Winamp 5 sounds significantly richer than WMP9
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2003 at 3:32 PM Post #9 of 35
I'm a little rusty on my details, but when I tried to install the Monkey's Audio converter into the current winamp of the time ~1.5 months ago, it would not work. I had to go back a version to get it to come up in the plugin window. I hope the .ape plug-in works with this new version as I like some of the other features they've come up with.

Dec 22, 2003 at 5:55 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
In the summarized features list says "most things actually work!!"

That's the classic humor of the guys behind Winamp. If you search around there site you'll find many more jokes. These guys are rarely completely serious and they aren't afraid to make fun of themselves--you have to respect that.
biggrin.gif

Take a look at here

Dec 22, 2003 at 8:30 PM Post #13 of 35
I'm a die hard 2.x fan but this weekend I got 5 and consistently tested its speed to 2.x and it seems to be about the same...Also it handles large files better... for example loading a song that it very long, I can track to the middle faster with 5.0...

Also I like having a fast, lightweight video player...

Anyway...I'll keep them both around for a while, but give 5.0 a try...I think after the initial change you will find it faster...

Dec 22, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #15 of 35
I like foobar...but there is just something about winamps interface that really is great...the easy docking into the corner of the screen...and the seperate playlist and buttons...

I use foobar when I'm going to do some serious headphone listening and I want it to sound perfect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back