confused.gif

I believe he meant "lottery balls".
wink.gif
I have no idea who that guy Guy is.

Oct 30, 2003 at 7:45 PM Post #141 of 168
Quote:

Originally posted by miroslav
quote:
"Some of the English have been known to wonder whether they are celebrating Fawkes' execution or honoring his attempt to do away with the government."

smily_headphones1.gif

I just like the fireworks :) any excuse for a piss up and fireworks display
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #145 of 168
5, 12, 18, 20, 25, 28

Oct 31, 2003 at 9:11 PM Post #146 of 168
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
A what? Shouldn't it fall on your face?

Sorry, I should have explained, In the UK a "Piss up" means a good old drinking session. In the US being "pissed" means you're really not happy with someone or something.... in the UK being "pissed" means the person is drunk / intoxicated.

Having said that if someone in the UK says "I'm pissed off" that means they are fed up / not content and doesn't mean they are drunk...... you following this? "I'm going for a piss" means they are about to urinate... they can take a piss whether drunk or sober.

"what a pisser" is similar to your use of the phrase "bummer". You guys say "bummer" when you're "pissed" in the UK a "bummer" is someone who enjoys anal sex with men. In the UK we sometimes say "I was well pissed and smoked 40 fags last night" meaning we drank loads of beer and smoked lots of cigarettes in the USA you would probably translate that to mean "the guy was really angry and he set fire to 40 faggots"

I could go on and on and on Onix but I hope you now understand what a "piss up" is
biggrin.gif

Jeez this competition is a learning curve
biggrin.gif

Pinkie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back