Win 7-64 help
Oct 11, 2009 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

regal

Headphoneus Supremus
This is slightly off topic but I have 4 SATA hard drives full of flacs. When I installed Win 7-64 one of the hard drives dissapeared. The odd thing is that when I boot into Win XP the hard drive is shows up and is fine.

Been waiting for a windows update to fix this but nothing yet.

Any ideas ?

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 8
try looking through the device manager in windows and see if they are all connected, if not could be solved through device manager also

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 8
Try going to Start/Control Panel/Hardwar & Sound/Devices and Printers.
If there is an icon with a yellow exclamation point, click "Troubleshoot" and allow it to go on the internet and find drivers.
I have read about others who had hard drives not showing up, and this worked for them. Hope it works for you too.

Scott

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 8
Right click Computer > Manage > Disk Management: are your missing drives listed here? if not you need SATA or chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Check in the Device Manager to see if it's there or not. If it's there, chances are it's in 'Offline' mode and you have to initialize it. Go to Disk Management and you'll see a partition that has no name, right click on it and choose Initialize (or something like that, can't remember clearly).

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check in the Device Manager to see if it's there or not. If it's there, chances are it's in 'Offline' mode and you have to initialize it. Go to Disk Management and you'll see a partition that has no name, right click on it and choose Initialize (or something like that, can't remember clearly).

Bingo.

I've tried several computer forums and no one could figure it out. This proves all the smart people are at Head-fi !

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bingo.

I've tried several computer forums and no one could figure it out. This proves all the smart people are at Head-fi !

Great to see it works for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back