Willing to host and Eastern Ontario/Western Quebec meet
Sep 4, 2002 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
Hey everyone!

For all those who are willing to travel to Ottawa, I am interested in setting up a Head-fi meet. I some interesting items to listen to but it would be great to really hear an abundance of stuff. Maybe we can even convince OZ enterprises to drop by, Omer is a great guy and maybe cna bring a Cary if we have a good enough notice.

I am thinking after the snow...late spring early summer? Gives us nearly a year to plan....get a lot of people together, a lot of gear.

Anyhow, hopefully we can get the ball rolling and figure things out.

Sep 5, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 25
Ottawa is FAR from Waterloo, so I don't know if I'd be able to show up, but it is a possibility... Unfortunately there's not much one can safely take on the Greyhound, so most of my gear would probably have to stay at home even if I decide to pay a visit.

And yeah, I probably wouldn't be able to show up if it's scheduled to be past 20th of March.

Sep 6, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 25
Ontario is too big! But if I ever have a co-op in Ottawa, I would be interested in demoing your stuff Zanth.
smily_headphones1.gif

ZZZ are you back at waterloo now or not till winter?
evil_smiley.gif

Biggie.

Sep 6, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Ontario is too big! But if I ever have a co-op in Ottawa, I would be interested in demoing your stuff Zanth.
smily_headphones1.gif

ZZZ are you back at waterloo now or not till winter?
evil_smiley.gif

Biggie.

What do you think `Location: Redmond, WA` is supposed to signify?
wink.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 25
What if we planned for something in TO?

That is more central for everyone. I am sure Beagle, Omer, Dlow and I could swing something heading towards TO. Msjjr is there, I can't remember the new guy from Hull, but he can come too. There are more in TO and surrounding area. I could go nearly anytime. Just need a place. Though, if I go to TO, I will not bring the Shanling. I will bring everything else though.

Sep 6, 2002 at 2:40 AM Post #7 of 25
Not a problem. How about February, like during spring break? that way more students could get down there?

Sep 6, 2002 at 3:49 AM Post #8 of 25
Hey ZZZ, did your location say Vancouver yesterday?

And I would be good for a toronto meet. I'll hopefully have better equipment by Febuary.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Oct 19, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #10 of 25
maybe we should really try to set a date and get more members interested, post this in the members lounge so it gets more coverage....not many visit this forum.

By the time we do meet, I will have a very special melos, the ra-1, hp-1s, rs-1s, etys, sr-60s, hd600s and I could probably manage some others given enough notice...maybe some r10s and an ear =)

Msjjr has some K1000s which is killer and with all the people in Toronto that could come...I am sure we will have some beyers in there as well. It would be a great time. If it was held in Ottawa that could mean less people. Maybe that would be a good start for us in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec, like those from Montreal? But I agree, Toronto is probably the best bet. Again though...if Toronto, no Shanling. Either way I am there.

Oct 21, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #11 of 25
Good idea, I will attend both local meeting and meeting in Toronto. Now I am wondering, can someone bring ATH W100, Sony CD3000, AKG K1000, Beyer DT931. After all, I think most of us use HD series and Grado R series.

BTW, I am in Ottawa now.

Oct 23, 2002 at 8:21 PM Post #12 of 25
I think mid to late january would be a nice time to do it because those with school will be in the zone between just starting the semester and not being killed by exams yet. My friend from Waterloo can most likely come to this event, his equipment is not that good but if you feed him beer he turns red! I will have RS-1's, D-515 legendary pcdp, kevin gilmore class A dynamic amp and some VD interconnects/power cord to contribute. I think ZZZ will be back at waterloo as well.

Biggie.

Oct 23, 2002 at 8:42 PM Post #13 of 25
Toronto works for me I can make the drive from rochester, ny. I'll be sure to bring along my gilmore dynamic class A amp as well as my hd580s and dt770 pro's.

If anyone from rochester, ny or buffalo, ny area wants to go and needs a ride let me know

Todd

Oct 24, 2002 at 12:48 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by klavier_28
Now I am wondering, can someone bring ATH W100, Sony CD3000, AKG K1000, Beyer DT931.

I will probably bring my w2002, some electrostatic crap (not sure about the exact attendance yet, but I suppose 007 will make it), a somewhat sick arcam, and maybe p300 if there is a reason to have it there. no hp4 anymore, sorry.

I'm all for mid to late January, and will likely bring a friend with dt831 and a total airhead. now we only need to find someone to host it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back