Will you/Do you miss High School?
Mar 27, 2010 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

Alc Jr

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I am a senior in High School, and time flies. I have about two and a half months until I end school and honestly I'm not feeling too good about it. No longer will there be a definite place to go year after year, and never again will my daily responsibilities include being in class with my friends for a few hours and then having the rest of the day to explore the world with a home cooked dinner at the end of it all.
I've just been going through major senior "wake up" lately, realizing that it's never going to be the same after this, and that I wasted my four years on video games rather than do so many things I'd have liked to experience. I wish I had realized this a year or two ago, but I've been making the best of every day since my epiphany.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on High School?
Are these truly the "golden years", or is the best to come?
Do you reflect on your High School years fondly?

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 97
YES

I want to go back. I had a class of people doing the same stuff as me unlike now where I'm pretty much on my own. Oh yeah you could just cram all the topics in a day. You had draft due dates too. Don't forget how easy everything was to learn.

TT__TT

I hate uni.

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 97
Waking up at 6 in the morning followed by study till 4. If I have homework, I'll be expected to work on it from 7-10pm on average. 12 if there are heaps

No, I'm definitely not missing high school so far.

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 97
I really miss the place, and all the years I spent there.
What I remember most are the first 2 years, before they changed things, and took all the good food from the cafeteria (they did very nice carrot cake and cookies amongst other things).
There are a lot of PEOPLE I won't miss, but I had my share of good times.
Admittedly I only made an effort in maths, and still didn't put in half as much work there as I could have.
Now I live 45 mins away from all the friends I made there...
frown.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 97
LMAO you UKers. 45 mins is not that far for us Aussies
tongue.gif
. I was thinking about this the other day how foreign people are always surprised to hear just how long it takes me to get anywhere. Hehe

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 97
I greatly disliked my time in high school and yet it still has it's grasp on me. The mindset I developed has stifled me now as a person and has had negatively affected by college experience. Only now and am realizing I need to purge myself of what was so I can move forward to what can be.

Also, I think the idea of HS being the "golden years" is what messes some people up. Once it's gone, they think they'll had blown their chance to know something wonderful. For some, all we can say is screw that place and screw those people. I'm glad most of them got theirs.

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 97
I live on the same block as the HS I attended. Graduated in 1967 and have never been to a class reunion, nor do I care to see any of them again. My sister-in-law was in my HS class, so my brother goes to MY reunions. He told me after the last one that people had asked him, "Dwight, didn't you used to have a brother?"
ph34r.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #9 of 97
A dozen or so girlfriends. The thrill of the chase.
Now it the same (you know what) for 17 years.
confused_face.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #13 of 97
Have (had) no 'friends' in High School. Will be going to CEGEP (if you live in QC you'll what this is), meet a new batch of people, eh. Lots of things happened in High School, up to 99% of those I would not like to re-live or remember, so, won't miss it.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #14 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I greatly disliked my time in high school and yet it still has it's grasp on me. The mindset I developed has stifled me now as a person and has had negatively affected by college experience. Only now and am realizing I need to purge myself of what was so I can move forward to what can be.

Also, I think the idea of HS being the "golden years" is what messes some people up. Once it's gone, they think they'll had blown their chance to know something wonderful. For some, all we can say is screw that place and screw those people. I'm glad most of them got theirs.

Wait, first person!?

Anyway, I don't think I will. It's generally a waste of time for me at this point as a Senior, and I'm ready for college to at least be more useful. High school has been massively easy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back