Will using V moda boom mic + hd 589 affect sound quality?
Dec 9, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 5
I haven't noticed any difference with the Vmoda BoomPro vs stock cable on my Philips Fidelio X2. One thing to note, though, is that I have noticed that the BoomPro causes issues when using my FiiO E9. In my very limited knowledge, I believe that this is just because the output on the E9 is not designed to accommodate the 3rd band on the BoomPro's jack (there are usually 2 bands for the left and right channel, but the BoomPro has a 3rd band for the microphone signal), so the audio cuts out if the jack is moved at all. This is only a problem when using the E9, though. No such problems exist when I am using the BoomPro with my PS4.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 5
I haven't noticed any difference with the Vmoda BoomPro vs stock cable on my Philips Fidelio X2. One thing to note, though, is that I have noticed that the BoomPro causes issues when using my FiiO E9. In my very limited knowledge, I believe that this is just because the output on the E9 is not designed to accommodate the 3rd band on the BoomPro's jack (there are usually 2 bands for the left and right channel, but the BoomPro has a 3rd band for the microphone signal), so the audio cuts out if the jack is moved at all. This is only a problem when using the E9, though. No such problems exist when I am using the BoomPro with my PS4.

Thank you, seems like I'll have to wait until my headphones arrive, before purchasing it then. If the audio cuts while moving it'll defeat the point.

Any alternatives you can suggest? (other than antlion mod mic)

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #4 of 5

Thank you, seems like I'll have to wait until my headphones arrive, before purchasing it then. If the audio cuts while moving it'll defeat the point.

Any alternatives you can suggest? (other than antlion mod mic)

Well again, the only time I have experienced that issue is when plugging it into the FiiO E9. It works fine out of my PS4 controller, phone, laptop, etc. I'm also not sure if other amps or DACs would have the same issue. What are you using the mic for? If you are plugging it into a game console, it will work fine. If you are plugging it into a computer, you will just need a splitter that separates the headphone audio and mic channels into separate 3.5mm jacks.

http://www.amazon.com/Maeline%C2%AE-Female-Plated-Headphone-Splitter/dp/B00PYZ2BT4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449705648&sr=8-2&keywords=headphone+mic+splitter

Edit: Actually, if I remember correctly, the BoomPro comes with a splitter...

I haven't used any other mics, but I would assume that they probably have the same issue if they function the same way (i.e. replacing the stock detachable cable, as opposed to plugging into a separate microphone input).

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Using the mic mainly for my pc. Thanks for the link, that's what I was looking for.

I've already ordered the V Moda, and hopefully it'll work fine, as it appears that even with your problems with it you're still satisfied with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back