Will uisng a Type C to 3.5mm jack sound similar to using a 3.5mm jack directly on a phone?
May 1, 2020 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jusxusfanatic

Head-Fier
Will uisng a Type C to 3.5mm jack sound similar to using a 3.5mm jack directly on a phone?

Using a better cable like the Hidizs Cable, will it sound any different than using a 3.5mm directly on a phone?

May 1, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 7
If the type c dongle/adapter has a dac/amp built into it then yes It can sound better than directly plugging in if it was an 3.5 jack. Also depends on the headphones being used. If they're super sensitive or power hungry they will work on a normal usb c to 3.5 adapter but wont sound as good vs them being amp'd from an external source. The Ibasso DC01 is a tad bit more expensive that the hidizs cable but will output way more power to headphones.

May 2, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #7 of 7
thanks for replying, I'm currently using the JVC hafd01, reckon it'll sound similar?
The FD01 is a very good IEM especially for the price, I have the little brother, the FD02 (with silver cable and mod) which should sound pretty much the same.

I usually use the Chord Mojo, but recently bought a cheap Tempotec Sonata HD pro Dongle at around 40$.
It is a clear upgrade from the iPhone SE 3,5 output, cleaner, smoother, better Soundstage, definition and detail. It does not compete with the Mojo, but for that money and for listening on the go I am happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back