Will this garbage Senn HD555 give bass like a Grado after it gets burn in?
Nov 12, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #16 of 104
LOL stupid me was looking at stylish senns.

I also wanted an over the ear headphone. Also I saw the Senn HD555 for $98 US on amazon which was half the MSRP and there was no sale on the Grado SR 80. So since they both were the same price I automatically assumed the HD555 will be better since it MSRP is double the price of the grado.

Sadly I was mistaken this piece of crap was designed for movies and not music. I will try to burn them in and see what happens.

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #17 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I was to hardheaded I should of taken you guys advice. But nooooo stupid me had to buy a fancy looking Sennheiser.

Now sound quality is rubbish well the bass is.

Sennheiser should be ashamed for making such garbage and calling themselves a music company.

I don't think that the sq on the 555s is bad by any extent. It is exactly what you'd expect from $150 phones, and they aren't designed to be the same as grado's or any other phones. I also wouldn't classify the 555s as "fancy looking" I actually think that the 770s look much better.

Nov 12, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #18 of 104
are you trying to run them without an amp? You don't have your rig posted and I don't know you, but I saw you were posting about a fiio. I'd assume that you want a fiio as a first amp (understandable, its my next step too)

The 555 is an open circumaural headphone, and not an efficient one at that. It will sound like hell without proper amplification. How you described it sounds like textbook underpowering

What are your running the senns from?

Nov 12, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 555 is an open circumaural headphone, and not an efficient one at that. It will sound like hell without proper amplification.

I can't agree with this statement. The 555s and the 595s both are famous for being easy to drive, and I found them to live up to that expectation. Like most good cans, though, they certainly benefit from amplification.

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #22 of 104
From my experience with a Grado they do not have the bass it seems you are looking for. The Grados excel at rock but it not a thumping bass that I am assuming you want. It is a very detailed bass that goes along well with the brightness of the phones.

Headphones you should look at are the ones others have mentioned such as the Beyerdynamic DT770 or its modified cousin the Darth Beyers V3 or the Bassheads can.

Personally you should have done more research/reading before blaming your soundcard and calling it rubbish or calling the headphones rubbish and that Sennheiser should be ashamed. There is more to music than bass check out the other 18,000khz next time.

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #23 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should have done more research/reading...

BTW, if you want serious speaker-like bass, look no further than the Darth Beyers V3

Can't be done, impossible with headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif
You can feel a good clean speaker bass directly in to your stomach, but Headphones bass goes directly in to your brain, making it more creamy. That's why Bass fanatics look like drug addicts, the lucky one go deaf, the unlucky ones go crazy.
frown.gif
And no, you can't sue nobody for this cause you have that information printed on the box or in the headphones manual.
L3000.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #24 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by XSAlliN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't be done, impossible with headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif
You can feel a good clean speaker bass directly in to your stomach, but Headphones bass goes directly in to your brain, making it more creamy. That's why Bass fanatics look like drug addicts, the lucky one go deaf, the unlucky ones go crazy.
frown.gif
And no, you can't sue nobody for this cause you have that information printed on the box or in the headphones manual.
L3000.gif

Well, to my ears, it is the closest thing. Your mileage may vary.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #25 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser should be ashamed for making such garbage and calling themselves a music company.

If you were expecting music from Sennheiser then I guess you would be disappointed in their headphones
confused_face(1).gif

Sennheiser's cheaper early 90's efforts were more musical than anything they produce today selling for under $200. I had the HD595 briefly and no bass on it, either. The bass was there, and pretty even, but did not put any foundation under the rest of the spectrum (which rose way above) and everything tended to fly away. Clarity is exceptional but the thinness got to me after a time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSAlliN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass fanatics look like drug addicts, the lucky one go deaf, the unlucky ones go crazy.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR!

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #27 of 104
I thought everyone knew the HD555 weren't very bassy... I love them, I use them for everything and IMO does well. When I listen to rap or some bassy music I turn to an EQ. Lower the high frequencies and keep 30hz at 0db.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #29 of 104
Not only are you acting like a petulant child, but you seem to be a bit bi-polar as well. You posted this yesterday - LINK

Quote:

HAHAHA

I had a JBL 510 Reference got a Senn HD555 now and could not be happier. bass far better now.

But JBL Bass is punchy.

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #30 of 104
LMAO, this is ridiculous, I know I don't have a HD555 but I now have the HD 595 and the bass is almost perfect for me, it definitely is present, just depends on the music/tracks you listen to really...

Very good headphones for the price as far as I'm concerned (especially with vocal music/classical)
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back