Will these 325i mods alter the sound?
Apr 20, 2006 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ryanhayn

100+ Head-Fier
i guess you'd call these mods...

do you guys think coiling the cable would cause a difference in sound? what about removing the gold 1/4" plug and replacing it with a silver 1/8"? someone told me that coiling the cable causes a slight treble drop off. any truth to that?

cable.jpg

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhayn
i guess you'd call these mods...

do you guys think coiling the cable would cause a difference in sound? what about removing the gold 1/4" plug and replacing it with a silver 1/8"? someone told me that coiling the cable causes a slight treble drop off. any truth to that?

cable.jpg

Changing the cable and the connector will change the sound for sure; how depends upon the cable and the connector. Silver is known for being cold and analytical, so I doubt that aspect of it would cause a treble dropoff. That looks like a standard nickel plug to me, though.

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 7
I dont think the simple act of coiling the cord would change it... all else being equal. If its a different AWG and length, thats a different story. I for one have never been able to hear a difference between gold and silver connectors. but thats me.

Garrett

Apr 20, 2006 at 11:44 AM Post #7 of 7
I suspect that the biggest change would be felt "between the ears" rather than "before the ears".

Will the changes make a difference? Yeah.

Can they be measured electrically/electronically? Probably.

Will the changes be large enough to actually be heard?

Hmmmmmm........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back