Will there's any effect on my iem driver caused by this behavior?
post-11136804
Post #1 of 4

hertzamplifier

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello headfiers, I just got my new iem recently the jvc fx850. Out of the box the left cable already have problem. So when I want to listen to it, I have to adjust the left cable in the segment where the bad connection occurs which is near the mmcx connector to the iem housing.Will constant got-lost-got-lost sound on the iem because of bad connection on the cable caused any problem in the driver itself like driver degraded or something? Because every time I want to listen to my iem, I have to adjust the cable near the mmcx connector to have it sounds properly and during the process of adjusting, theres is sudden but constantly have-lost-have-lost sound untill i got it in the right position.. Do you think it will caused any bad effect on the iem driver based on you guys experience and knowledge. Should I stop listening to my iem until i got new replacement cable or if i do it like that it will just be fine.. Any advice I'll be really appreciate. Thank you. 

P/S sorry for my bad grammar as English is not my primary language :frowning2:

post-11136986
Post #2 of 4

SteveHiFi

Member of the Trade: HiFi Headphones
Reaction score
Wow, they are not cheap! For that money you should be asking for a replacement - is this possible? To answer your question, I don't think the drivers will be affected by the cable being moved around and the sound going on and off, but you shouldn't need to be doing that with those earphones - send them back!

post-11137096
Post #3 of 4

billybob_jcv

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I would return them immediately.

post-11137300
Post #4 of 4

hertzamplifier

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I could do that anytime (send them back for repair), but I could not bear the waiting time to wait any longer for the iem to arrive back to me. As for today I just ordered a pair of 2nd hand fiio cable to replace the factory cable of my iem. Only then, I will send just the cable back for repair, the iem itself stays with me. I dont want to lose a day without it :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)