Will there Karma 2 ever?
Sep 15, 2004 at 10:51 AM Post #3 of 15
IGN said yes...they said there were players coming out that were worth waiting for from all the major companies...then the touch and 4g ipod came out. So they are telling the truth...I'd say before christmas.

Sep 15, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by proximal
Rio has not said anything about a Karma replacement, other than there will be an announcement in October.

Could you provide a link to this information?

What I found is this Japanese article.

If you look at the roadmap picture, toward the bottom, you can see that the Nitrus follow-up has been introduced to market in time with that roadmap. One can only hope that the roadmap will be followed for the Karma successor as well. Which would place it on sale around November...

Sep 15, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ
There is a new one coming called Rio Chroma, 16 bit colour display screen, some sort of wired remote

Unfortunately that is still speculation as Rio has made no official announcement.

Sep 16, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by br--
I've seen pictures of it. They were circulating around a month ago.

I seriously doubt that dude, pony up with the linkage. The only 'picture' that I ever saw was a direct "photochop" (it was merely stretched vertically) that was proved to be false countless times here and at riovolution, rioworld etc etc

Sep 16, 2004 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ
They will in October, and it does not have to be an official statement to be made true....gah

correct, but that still makes it speculation. there was one e-tailor that listed it on their website, they listed those specs, HOWEVER, if you cross-reference to other Rio products on the same site, there were typos misprints etc. From that point, other sites propogated the same information etc.

I'm not saying that those aren't the real specs, but to state those as 'facts' without an official press release, or something solid leaves it all still in the speculation category, and I would hate for some newbie to come in and say "Oh l00k you guyz sa1d 1t w0uld be th1s and tha7, bu7 n0w 1t 1sn'7 wha7 g1ves???!??! Y0u guyz l1ed 7o me
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edvard_Grieg
I seriously doubt that dude, pony up with the linkage. The only 'picture' that I ever saw was a direct "photochop" (it was merely stretched vertically) that was proved to be false countless times here and at riovolution, rioworld etc etc

The pics I saw were about 8 pics the Karma 2. Some showed it disassembled. They weren't professional pics, just some pics some guy took in his house. It was a while ago that I saw them, and didn't save them because I thought they would be widespread by now. I guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back