Will the Woo WEE (Dynamic To Electrostatic Headphone Converter) Play Nice With My Denon Pma 600ne Amp/Pre-Amp?
Jun 2, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 20
So i've been speaking with the creator of these electrostatic amps recently (Birgir) and have been trying to sus out which would be the better buy, the limited edition Tiny Triode Electrostatic Tube Amp or the Octave 2?

I would have picked the Tiny Triode as it's supposed to be more forgiving of the source and have a warmer sound, as well as being cheaper, but the one thing holding me back is that it doesn't have balanced input unlike the Octave 2. So i'm just wondering how that would affect the sound quality if at all and if it would be worth ''upgrading'' to the Octave 2 or not? Which would you pick?

Also, Yes i'll have to sus out my options for cheap available DACs, thanks for the heads up. :)
My feelings are stats are already a little too polite as it is, so excess warmth does no favors.
My concern is the TT likely concedes too much and wouldn't be the proper match.

However, I've not heard that amp and don't subscribe to conjecture.

If Birgir can't provide contextual depth to the blind, I'd say follow your gut.

I surmise the TT was a design choice and cost concession to keep simple, to offer single ended. Not a deciding factor in the big scheme.

But you haven't built balanced and feel stuck to the balanced ecosystem which often is convoluted with misunderstanding.

Jun 2, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #17 of 20
My feelings are stats are already a little too polite as it is, so excess warmth does no favors.
My concern is the TT likely concedes too much and wouldn't be the proper match.

However, I've not heard that amp and don't subscribe to conjecture.

If Birgir can't provide contextual depth to the blind, I'd say follow your gut.

I surmise the TT was a design choice and cost concession to keep simple, to offer single ended. Not a deciding factor in the big scheme.

But you haven't built balanced and feel stuck to the balanced ecosystem which often is convoluted with misunderstanding.
I understand where you're coming from. Birgir's hesitation was that the Octave 2 might make my Stax ear speakers sound too bright as they already have a bright sound-signature in his opinion.

Jun 2, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #18 of 20
I understand where you're coming from. Birgir's hesitation was that the Octave 2 might make my Stax ear speakers sound too bright as they already have a bright sound-signature in his opinion.
I'd follow his advice and go with the TT. You might split variables and ask him how would a KGSSHV fill warmth or neutrality vs the TT to gain a better understanding of the substance of signature with the TT.

Jun 4, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #19 of 20
I'd follow his advice and go with the TT. You might split variables and ask him how would a KGSSHV fill warmth or neutrality vs the TT to gain a better understanding of the substance of signature with the TT.
Do you reckon i should get a decently expensive DAC for this set up or do you reckon i could get away with something like a schitt audio modius?

Jun 4, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #20 of 20
Do you reckon i should get a decently expensive DAC for this set up or do you reckon i could get away with something like a schitt audio modius?
If you can stretch to something like Bifrost, I'd recommend doing so. With that said, Modius is an ok start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back