Will the SuperMicro IV improve my SQ?
Aug 2, 2007 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheNew007

Banned
I currently listen to music using altec lansing im716 IEMs connected to cowon iaudio d2 mp3 player.

Since the d2 doesn't have any specialized line out (right?) port, will I see much improvement in SQ if I get the supermicro?

If so, what should I use to connect the d2 to the supermicro? Just a standard male 1/8 to male 1/8?

Thanks

Aug 2, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 5
Not just SuperMicro-IV, most portable amps mentioned in this forum will definitely help to improve SQ even if fed from the headphone out. BUT this will be only apparent on non effecient IEM. So for an iM716, you will need to run it on HD mode and then you will benefit from amping.

Aug 2, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 5
I know that my system will benefit from amping but just how much improvement is there? I've only got $200 to spend so I need to make sure I spend it wisely. Will I?

BTW I will be using this for portable use (buses, car pooling, walking) and studying in the library

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that my system will benefit from amping but just how much improvement is there?

It's always difficult to put to numbers how much improvement one will get with that amp or this. Only by testing them with your own ears you will know for sure. Here in Head-Fi we share info as a guide, but ultimately it's our own ears that decide. So you already have an idea of what to do, the only thing left is to actuallly do it. Being an audio junkie is always about sacrifice (to the pocket), before I settled with my current rig, I already wasted over $2000 on different equipments - so you get the picture yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back