Will the Shuffle sink Creative?
Jan 23, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #31 of 49
YYOO is a apple fan boy. If he actually did some searching you would see plenty of people that have issues with their mac products ranging from failed ipods to issues with OS X. There is always two sides of the coin, the reason that Windows gets so much more news is because people use windows more. It has 94% market share in the US. Less users = less complaints.

Why do you hear more about Ipod battery failures more than any other DAP? Because Ipod has bigger market share.

Jan 23, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by yyoo
[preaching]
blah blah blah
[/preaching]

and some think scientology is dangerous... Jobs is much more effective!
icon10.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #33 of 49
As an previous IT for various universities and some bigger companies, I have to say that in my honest opinion, Windows Sux big donkey Arse! Most engineers will till you the same. But this is about the shuffle, yeah its gonna hurt creative and they know it. Will Creative sink? No one can really know. I think its about personal preference. Yeah marketing makes some people buy stuff, but in the end its the consumer that makes the decision where they decide to spend their money. If its with apple so be it. There is nothing anyone can do about it. So just accept the fact that apple makes a easy to use product, and thats what people like, I mean have you ever seen the remote control buttons on a Sony TV? Thats what works, simplicity. Not everyone needs a thousand options. Life can be to busy for those that have other things to do with themselves except complain about how corporate a company is, or how they are thinking for us.

Jan 23, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #34 of 49
If Creative created their version of the Shuffle it would fail because of the software. The only reason the Shuffle is a viable product is because of its ease of use. Think about it, an mp3 player without a screen and hard to use?
fugghedaboutit!

Jan 23, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
i don't see why shuffle would make creative afraid. other than itunes, a shuffle copy can be easily made and at a similar pricepoint, if not lower, by creative and most of the other companies.

Doesn't mean it'll sell. Regardless, the Shuffle will force all of the major flashplayer makers to cut prices up and down their lines, squeezing profit margins, and Creative's profit margins are squeezed as it is as they had big price cuts prior to the Christmas season.

Jan 23, 2005 at 6:29 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebhelyesfarku
and some think scientology is dangerous... Jobs is much more effective!
icon10.gif

Drink his kool-aid. I know you want to.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 12:43 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Doesn't mean it'll sell. Regardless, the Shuffle will force all of the major flashplayer makers to cut prices up and down their lines, squeezing profit margins, and Creative's profit margins are squeezed as it is as they had big price cuts prior to the Christmas season.

thats a good thing for shuffle to do - cut prices of other flash players.
very_evil_smiley.gif

however, given creative's wider product range, they probably would not go bust. it is probably the 'best of the rest' in the mp3 player market. people who wants radio, voice recording and lcd display would probably still choose creative simply because apple doesn't make them.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #38 of 49
Maybe the excitement over the shuffle will calm down and people will begin to understand how useless a screenless player really is. Until then, bad luck.

However, many users require a screen and i think especially when it comes to the zen micro and zen touch, the shuffle is not a worthy opponent, and people interested in those probably won't switch to the shuffle.

Jan 23, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtom
However, many users require a screen and i think especially when it comes to the zen micro and zen touch, the shuffle is not a worthy opponent, and people interested in those probably won't switch to the shuffle.

...pretty self-explanatory...

Jan 24, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lord of volume
yep everything is baded on that "i". irobot,imac,ishock,icurve,iskin,ilife,iphoto,ipac, iwear,icase, ect...even iriver.

yep there is an i before the river. wonder if they thought that up first.
icon10.gif

iRiver registered their domain name a few days before iPod.

z

Jan 24, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lord of volume
ipod came out first. And besides who cares? ipods will take over the world face it muhaaaaa hhaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa.... Long live evil apple.
very_evil_smiley.gif

lol. you are teh funny.
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

I love a woman, and she loves me...and her iPod. In that order, I hope.
580smile.gif
My SO is a PC user. The iPod is her first Apple product.

[preaching]
At any rate, I can understand how you may not "love" any products, if you've never owned something of exceptional quality, design, and utility. The vast majority of products you look at and say, geez, I could have designed and implemented these myself. A few rare things you look at and say, that's sheer genius, that's art. Apple and Steve Jobs have a history of producing the latter (G5 iMac, iPod/iTunes, OS X), and even their failures are works of wonderful innovation, if a bit too ahead of their time (Lisa, Newton, NeXTStep [Jobs]). There is a reason why Mac owners tend to be Mac lovers while PC owners tend to be PC users (though of course you can always find counterexamples), and it's facile to conclude it's simply because MacHeads are somehow more susceptible to marketing hype. As a veteran software engineer, I know what can and cannot be easily done in software, and what Apple produces on a regular basis leaves most software engineers blown away. As I mentioned elsewhere, there is a reason why so many Windows software engineers own Macs and drool over OS X. We can appreciate what is state-of-the-art. [/preaching]

I can't love a company...
But I love some products :
-Creative Zen Touch
-Beyer DT880
-Altec FX 6021
-Sony A 117S
etc...

Feb 3, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocovitsch
I can't love a company...
But I love some products :
-Creative Zen Touch
-Beyer DT880
-Altec FX 6021
-Sony A 117S
etc...

I love products as well:

iPod
iTunes
PowerBook
OS X
TiVo
Senn HD650
Gilmore Lite

And I appreciate any company that can produce quality in the face of all the mediocrity and copy-catting out there. Now, that doesn't mean any company is perfect and can produce great products all the time, but there are a few companies, like Apple and Sennheiser, that have much better track records than others. And there are some, like Microsoft, that continually flounder in mediocrity and take the rest of us down with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back