Will the Shuffle sink Creative?
Jan 21, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #16 of 49
I wish Creative would just go back to making DAP for the geek market. I want another version of the NJB oozing with features (line in, 4.1 line out support). After their Zen Xtra and MuVo2 line of products (flash players not included, I still think the N200 is geekish), none of their product have the geek appeal.

I rather get a JB3 or Xtra off the net used than to get their current line of players.

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #17 of 49
I don't understand why you care if a company goes bankrupt so much, Yyoo. In almost every post I see you bragging about how companies are going be pinching profits, etc... Do you own apple?

Companies come and go. They all eventually fade a way, even a company like Apple or Microsoft, whether you like it or not. It doesn't really matter because they are all just greedy *******s who just want our money. No matter what Apple's propaganda spiel makes you think, IT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU. Being fanatical about a particular company is just plain stupid.

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #18 of 49
Just out of curiousity, has anyone ever seen Creatives TV spots air?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
I wish Creative would just go back to making DAP for the geek market.

When was that? Back before there was a market?

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Just out of curiousity, has anyone ever seen Creatives TV spots

Wow, those are really terrible.

The memory one was the best.

Jan 21, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

When was that? Back before there was a market?

When they made the NJB and its successors (it was like this big geek dream). That was when I was too young to even care for a NJB (ugh, imaging if I had bought the NJB3
frown.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #21 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna
No matter what Apple's propaganda spiel makes you think, IT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU.

Who cares? I love their products. Whatever motivates Apple, as long as they keep producing some of the best designed and friendliest software and hardware in the world, I will buy their products.

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Just out of curiousity, has anyone ever seen Creatives TV spots air?

Oh my god, those are absolutely pathetic.
eek.gif

At least, the first 3 anyway. The battery one is actually pretty good.

Jan 21, 2005 at 10:56 AM Post #24 of 49
my friend working in apple says they feel threatened by creative's onslaught. however, i think creative has got to do more user survey before tey can come up with a player that everyone really wants.

Jan 21, 2005 at 12:07 PM Post #25 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by yyoo
Who cares? I love their products. Whatever motivates Apple, as long as they keep producing some of the best designed and friendliest software and hardware in the world, I will buy their products.

A man love a woman... not a company or product...

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #26 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocovitsch
A man love a woman... not a company or product...

I love a woman, and she loves me...and her iPod. In that order, I hope.
580smile.gif
My SO is a PC user. The iPod is her first Apple product.

[preaching]
At any rate, I can understand how you may not "love" any products, if you've never owned something of exceptional quality, design, and utility. The vast majority of products you look at and say, geez, I could have designed and implemented these myself. A few rare things you look at and say, that's sheer genius, that's art. Apple and Steve Jobs have a history of producing the latter (G5 iMac, iPod/iTunes, OS X), and even their failures are works of wonderful innovation, if a bit too ahead of their time (Lisa, Newton, NeXTStep [Jobs]). There is a reason why Mac owners tend to be Mac lovers while PC owners tend to be PC users (though of course you can always find counterexamples), and it's facile to conclude it's simply because MacHeads are somehow more susceptible to marketing hype. As a veteran software engineer, I know what can and cannot be easily done in software, and what Apple produces on a regular basis leaves most software engineers blown away. As I mentioned elsewhere, there is a reason why so many Windows software engineers own Macs and drool over OS X. We can appreciate what is state-of-the-art. [/preaching]

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
my friend working in apple says they feel threatened by creative's onslaught..

They're Apple's primary competition, particularly after Sony's humiliating fumble of the MP3 ball. But if Apple feels threatened, Creative must be drenched in a cold sweat after the release of the Shuffle.

By the way, the president of Sony Electronics made an appearance at Macworld Expo last week. Could Sony be teaming up with Apple? It'd make a lot of sense for Sony to junk SonicStage and their Connect music store for iTunes and iTMS, but I don't know if it'd make much sense for Apple to give away the keys to their kingdom, so to speak.

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #28 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by yyoo
They're Apple's primary competition, particularly after Sony's humiliating fumble of the MP3 ball. But if Apple feels threatened, Creative must be drenched in a cold sweat after the release of the Shuffle.

By the way, the president of Sony Electronics made an appearance at Macworld Expo last week. Could Sony be teaming up with Apple? It'd make a lot of sense for Sony to junk SonicStage and their Connect music store for iTunes and iTMS, but I don't know if it'd make much sense for Apple to give away the keys to their kingdom, so to speak.

i don't see why shuffle would make creative afraid. other than itunes, a shuffle copy can be easily made and at a similar pricepoint, if not lower, by creative and most of the other companies.

Jan 22, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #29 of 49
My take on this is that most of creative's players completely overshadow the shuffle. What they need to do is get out there and advertise. Seriously, I never see people in my school running around with creative products. Why? They've never heard of them.

Jan 22, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
My take on this is that most of creative's players completely overshadow the shuffle. What they need to do is get out there and advertise. Seriously, I never see people in my school running around with creative products. Why? They've never heard of them.

Very hard to do and maybe too late to do now.

If you ask a friend who has an iPod to think about the Creative, he/she will probably get very defensive and give you crap about how much Creative products suck.

It's like asking a Christian to go out and evangelise more in the Middle East to get the Muslims to convert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back