Will the Sennheiser HD700 be right for me.
Apr 23, 2016 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Head-Fier
I'm looking at getting the HD700 for listening to music indoors and outdoors while also using them to mix music on. Will these cans go good with my fiio x1 e18 combo for musical enjoyment. I listen to a wide variety of music but mostly dubstep orchestral and soundtrack music from movies. I'm not a bass head but i do enjoy some thump in my headphones, Will my fiio x1 and e18 combo be able to drive them? If you have any other recommdations i'd like to hear them. What i'm looking for is a wide soundstage and overall natural sound that's not artificial and not too harsh and has a good balanced, flat sound for mixing.

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Oh boy.  Although I haven't heard the HD700 for myself, IMO, I would steer FAR away from them if you listen to dubstep and movies.  They would be alright for orchestral music but really they are the completely ignored middle child, and for good reason.  On one side there is the HD650 who is the tone king.  There is some mid bass bloat which can be fixed with EQ.  They also scale very well with higher end gear.  HD800 on the other hand is everything the HD700 wishes it was.  While the HD800 isn't bad to listen to I still find the 6k peak tiring after a while.  I would seriously consider the HD600 for more neutral mixing or HD650 for better technicalities and a better tone/timbre with slight EQ if you want complete flatness for mixing.  

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #3 of 4
​Well Coming from the budget samson sr850's i'm quite use to peaky treble but if the treble on them is that bad then i guess i'll look else where however i will be going to B&H soon test them out so for now but i just want to get as many opinions as possible before i make my choice. If the hd700 is at least half as good as the hd800 i'll go with them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back