Will the iAUDIO I5 be able to read ID3 Tags
May 8, 2005 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

crimsonadam

Banned
As i understand it the iAudio can't read the ID3 tags in MP3 and FLAC files. This is at the least very annoying. Is it ever possible that the firmware might be able to be upgraded so that it can read the Tags.

Aside from the Tag issue, the I5 seems like a great little flash player.

May 8, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MDDrew
r u serious

i don't get it.
confused.gif

May 8, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 9
All iAUDIO DAPs CAN READ ID3 tags.

But they don't support ID3 tags browsing.
i.e. you can only browse file in directory tree structure rather than ID3 database. BUT when you selected a file and play it, the player WILL read and display the ID3 tag.

May 8, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #7 of 9
why don't all players have at least the option of id3 tag db? Is it that resource intensive? Even the h320's half assed implementation is better than nothing.

May 9, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #8 of 9
Yeah, I don't quite get it either, I just picked up three of the Rave-MP 256MB Flash players since I found them refurbished at $40/a piece (has a nice screen, SD Expansion, voice record, FM radio, etc too) and even that little flash player does 'indexing' to support ID3 tag browsing. While it isn't as fast or 'mature' as my Karma's implementation, I was still fairly shocked to see it implemented on such a simple little flash player. Which then shocks me that there are larger HD players that don't support it.

It is resource intensive though, indexing on the Rave-MP is fairly time consuming at about 1-2sec/song it has to index, but it is also is recognized as an MSC device in windows (no extra software) so I guess you take the good with the bad <shrug>

May 9, 2005 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 9
The I5 reads ID3 tags on MP3s just fine. The default tagging for Foobar2000 causes a loud pop, though.

It won't read them on FLAC files for what would be an obvious reason if you check the player specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back