Will the headphone jack on an Onkyo receiver provide enough power for an AKG K701?
Jun 5, 2007 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Euripides

Head-Fier
Will the headphone jack on a Onkyo SR504 receiver provide enough power for an AKG K701?

I am trying to avoid an amp. If the receiver can do it how would the AKG K701 fair on a headphone jack of a Klipsch pro media 2.1 system? (PC system).

Thanks
Euri

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 4
I have a TX-SR503 myself, and I'm gonna say, Probably.

I don't have a K701 though.

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 4
The Klipsch system won't be able to power the K701. As for the receiver, I'm not sure. But there are many receivers (especially vintage) that have very good headphone jacks that would be up to the task.

Jun 5, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 4
My DS494 does a great job powering my current-hungry MS2i and (I think I read, voltage-hungry)HD600 within just a few percentage points of each other at about 18% volume level.

They both sound great to me! And I appreciate the convenience of multiple inputs and at least the minimal EQ capabilities.

...I'm thinking of getting a dedicated headphone amp eventually, but if it doesn't significantly exceed what my Onkyo already does, somebody on the FS forum will get a darn good deal on a brand new amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back