Will the bass come alive with my new KSC-75's?
Nov 6, 2005 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Superbaldguy

1000+ Head-Fier
I've had these over a week, now. Koss sent these as a replacement for my damaged KSC-35's, as is the standard procedure. I'd like to think they are thoroughly burned in, but they sound a bit anemic compared to the 35's.

I'd like to think these are more balanced, unbloated, but I'm reading others say the bass is quite pronounced. I do know the 60 ohm impedance is an issue with MiniDisc units, but I got *plenty* of bass from my 35's. Maybe I just need to use them more and more, although I am having doubts these are true replacement cans for the erstwhile Koss clips.

Any thoughts? Will these get better with time? Not that I am a basshead, but the 35's had lots of punch with certain types of music while working out.

Nov 6, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 13
IMHO the KSC75 should not be seen as a replacement to the 35. IMHO the 2 sound very different. The KSC35 non-titanium driver is noticeably less bright compared to the KSC75. To my ears the KSC35 is more pronounced in the bass.

Garrett

Nov 6, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 13
There is a trick to getting maximum bass response with the KSC-75.

The trick is to bend the clip so that the drivers rest tighter next to your ear. Doing this will regain some of that lost bass.

Nov 6, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 13
I did try the 2nd level of MegaBass on my MZ-S1; there was some improvement, naturally, but that sort of bass boost also accentuates the highs, too. These might work better with my newer MD units with the 6-band EQ settings.

I never really though these were a replacement, but Koss did change the sound signature, substanially.

Nov 6, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 13
Wasn't there a report of some KSC-75 duds recently? The guy picked up another pair, which had quite a bit better sound (more bass included).

Nov 6, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 13
Hmmm........Maybe I'll try bending the clips. Are there no KSC-35's out there, anywhere?

Nov 6, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 13
Good god - KSC75 not enough bass? You must be joking.
basshead.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #12 of 13
Well, it's no big deal - they're cheap, and I can use my EX71's, which surely have lots of punch, but I was just wondering if more time will make these sound better.

I can check into the Creative Labs eBay store.

Nov 6, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 13
I find them bassy with bass-heavy tracks. Other than that, not too much. You tried adjusting them so they're closer/tighter to your ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back