Will splitting Rca out of a Bifrost DAC reduce amperage or voltage?
Oct 20, 2021 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

henree

100+ Head-Fier
My plan is to add a Bass Shaker Tactile Tranducer to my recliner. I was thinking of having two rca splitters connected to the rca output of my Bifrost DAC. One rca pair to the mono amp. And the other pair to my Matrix headphone amp. I am wondering if that will reduce perceivable sound quality? My Sony Oled's optical out is going to the Bifrost. My tv also has a center channel speaker wire connector. For connecting a center speaker directly to the set.

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 3
My plan is to add a Bass Shaker Tactile Tranducer to my recliner. I was thinking of having two rca splitters connected to the rca output of my Bifrost DAC. One rca pair to the mono amp. And the other pair to my Matrix headphone amp. I am wondering if that will reduce perceivable sound quality? My Sony Oled's optical out is going to the Bifrost. My tv also has a center channel speaker wire connector. For connecting a center speaker directly to the set.
You should get a slight loss in volume, but otherwise it should be fine. I have had no issues with Audioquest RCA splitters (to feed a power amp and a subwoofer with the same preamp), but they have gotten even more expensive since.

One thing to consider is that hooked up this way, you'll have to adjust the shaker intensity separately from the headphone volume. I'm assuming the mono amp is driving the shaker. Does the amp have a volume control?

If you're concerned about the RCA splitters, you could also consider splitting the optical signal instead (there are passive and active splitters) and using a cheap DAC to hook up the bass shaker - I doubt this is the kind of device that would reveal the finer qualities of a multibit DAC. It would likely have to support 48 kHz only since that is typically what TVs send to the optical output regardless of the material played. This would mean the other inputs on the DAC don't involve the bass shaker.

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 3
You should get a slight loss in volume, but otherwise it should be fine. I have had no issues with Audioquest RCA splitters (to feed a power amp and a subwoofer with the same preamp), but they have gotten even more expensive since.

One thing to consider is that hooked up this way, you'll have to adjust the shaker intensity separately from the headphone volume. I'm assuming the mono amp is driving the shaker. Does the amp have a volume control?

If you're concerned about the RCA splitters, you could also consider splitting the optical signal instead (there are passive and active splitters) and using a cheap DAC to hook up the bass shaker - I doubt this is the kind of device that would reveal the finer qualities of a multibit DAC. It would likely have to support 48 kHz only since that is typically what TVs send to the optical output regardless of the material played. This would mean the other inputs on the DAC don't involve the bass shaker.
The amp I have does have volume control. Thanks for the tip about the optical splitter. Never heard of it. But will research it. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back