Will Sony WH-1000XM5 fit over earbuds?
Apr 27, 2023 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

m4rkw

100+ Head-Fier
I realise this is a bit silly but I'm considering buying a pair of XM5 just to use the ANC feature over my earbuds for the office and for the london underground.

Will they fit over a typical set of earbuds? The specific ones I have are B&W Pi7 S2, they do stick out of the ear a little bit but not excessively.

Aug 14, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 2
:astonished:... 😎
Just tried it with Campfire Audio Honeydews, which are ~3/4" from end of ear tip to back - yes, but they press against the driver grill a -little- bit (might press harder over longer duration.?.). The earpads on the Sony xm5s are fairly thin - you may want thicker earpads to give more space, unless the Pi7's aren't as wide. I've only had these headphones a few days; but the ANC on the Sonys is way better than, cough, ~$20, cough, bluetooth headphones that I'm used to. Loud wind noises rustling through leaves, crickets, even my own footsteps (kind of a weird sensation) - have no idea about subway noises, though. The sound quality is also surprisingly good for 30mm drivers... wonder what happens when I play audio on both 🥸

Users who are viewing this thread

Back