Will someone please explain this for me?
Jun 25, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
So it would not be out of reason for me to spend 500 600 on a pair of interconnects/headphone cables on a $1300 Arcam source?

For me it would be mandatory. For you, you'll have to find out for yourself.

I forgot, there is one $200 cable I very much like: the Music Metre Canto. They come close to ny Luminous Audio Synchestra Signature Reference.

Jun 25, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #17 of 21
Matthew, why don't you put your skeptism to rest by going to a gathering or meet? I'm sure there has to be someone close enough who has high-end cables for you to audition.

And most of all, i think there are distributors who can let you audition their cables before you decide to stay with them.

Jun 25, 2003 at 11:51 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
Because they're idiots
wink.gif

however, it seems foolish to use 500 interconnects, unless you're using a multimillion dollar speaker system. Just my opinion though.

Really?
I seem so remember a certain young man at a recent Head-fi meet who was really enjoying the Cardas Neutral Reference interconnects on his system.
eek.gif

Have opinions changed since then? Not trying to give you a hard time, just curious.
600smile.gif

Jun 26, 2003 at 1:25 AM Post #19 of 21
Tod, i paid 200 dollars for the CNR's and they're nice cables, however, i realize that my money would be better spent ona new source. It's just that i didn't want to pass up the deal. I'm not going to argue that cables make a difference, it's just that these things, IMHO simply are not worth 400 dollars.

And i spent a whole 15 dollars on my extention cable
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back